Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, so like a idiot, i forget to close the cap tightly on the detergent bottle after laundry night, and drive around with the bottle in the trunk for a couple of days... open up the trunk and realize that the whole gallon of detergent has spilled out into the trunk... luckily i had a mat in there that absorbed a lot of it, but there was still a lot of detergent that got on the rest of the trunk... i've been at it for a while with a rag and a bucket of water just trying to scrub it out, but what's the best way to clean everything off so i don't have a stain? is there a handheld carpet cleaner out there somewhere? or will a shop vac suffice? or should i just take out the interior panel and just hose it down and scrub it?

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
get the carpet cleaner vacume

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
I did this on my 4G Accord, except on purpose. I accidentally spilled about 3 gallons of gasoline in the trunk and needed to clean it up. I removed everything from the trunk and the rear seat backs and scrubbed a ton of liquid detergent into everything. Then I proceeded by just hosing it off with a high-pressure spray nozzle. When there was no more sudsing, I let everything dry in the sun. As for the metal part of the trunk, I sprayed everything down and wiped it out with a soapy washcloth. Since detergent is 100% H2O soluble, you just need a good rinse and dry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.