Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Could you tell me please if those mods fit well together or did I miss something? I am running '05 Accord CL9 AT.

mods:
1.weapon r header + flp metal cat
2.comptech icebox
3.64 mm tb + 06 tsx intake tube if i find one
4.brian crower stage 2 cams BC0042-2, bc valve springs & retainer kit BC0040S, bc valve keepers BC2940
5. rsx vtc 45 degree
6. flash pro, tsx 07-08 ecu

I can't make up my mind about:
- intake manifold. Do these cams require rrc/rsp/skunk2 manifold? If not, I would stick with rbb because of low-mid torque.
- fuel injectors - do I need to upgrade them?

I will be very grateful for any feedback/suggestions:)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Haven't seen to many people stick with the RBB when upgrading cams past DIC's. Mainly because the RBC, etc will flow much better for the added lift. I'd personally love to see a RBB set up with stage 2s vs the RBC to see where the power is. Clearly you'll have less peak power, but is the torque worth the trade off?

As for the injectors yes you'll need to upgrade them to something like the RDX 410's. The OEM injectors will start to lean out up top with as little as a race header and intake.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Ditch the BC valvetrain parts and go supertech. Contact scott from HPT autosport.

As said above I would go with the RBC manifold, especially with a 50* VTC gear, the torque drop will not be too noticeable.

Side note, the RSX VTC gear is not 45*, you will need to mechanically pin it, or machine a 25* gear to 45*.

Edit: You will want at least RDX injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for answers!

I guess I will have to buy rdx injectors and better flowing intake manifold.. after reading the dyno sheets it will be rbc or rrc (imported from japan ehh...).

tottenham12712, why should I pick supertech valvetrain? I've never heard of this company.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Thanks for answers!

I guess I will have to buy rdx injectors and better flowing intake manifold.. after reading the dyno sheets it will be rbc or rrc (imported from japan ehh...).

tottenham12712, why should I pick supertech valvetrain? I've never heard of this company.
Supertech has been around for a long time, most guys run supertech or ferrea. Its a higher quality part that is ran more often than BC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts