Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an easy mod that is inexpensive and very useful. I did this a long time ago on my '89 Accord, in fact this is still the original container.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You want to find a litter bucket with a false bottom. This one had a small amount of sand in a baggie to keep it from tipping.

Attach a 2" - "L" bracket to the false floor and reassemble.

Cover in my favorite all purpose material... velcro.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to insert a small tissue box and transfer the opening dimensions to the side wall of the bucket.

I used a tape measure, located the 4 corners of the opening to the bucket and punched 4 small holes, one at each corner. Next, connect the dots with a straight edge.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use a sharp utlity knife and scribe along the lines between the holes until the opening falls out. Insert the tissue box and check the alignment.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last part is to attach another L bracket to the outside (back side). This part is a little tricky as you need to ensure the height is correct for the specific car it will go on.

Try taping the bracket with duct tape before drilling any holes into the bucket before mounting permanantly.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cover with some... (right again) velcro and wedge it in between the lower seat cushion and floor.

You now have the perfect travel accessory. A combo tissue dispenser and litter bucket, easily reached even from the front seats.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I usually stick a box of tissues on the floor in the back, on the passenger side.
Right where I can reach it just by leaning back and reaching down with my right arm.

Except a lot of the time it moves itself around a little, sometimes even wedges itself under the passenger seat, sometimes migrates God-knows-where. So I'm reaching back there, around and around, contorting my arm, then my whole body, feeling around for the f*****g box of tissues...... still driving, of course..... then I start sneezing...... still reaching around, my wife asks me wtf I'm doing, can she help me or anything, I say "Do I look like a guy who needs help?"......

Maybe I should try your mod. :D

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
All of us have been there. My wife put a travel box (plastic bag) of kleenex in the center console. Not a mod but cheaper yet (free) :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
same here I have a box flying around all over the car by the time it is almost empty it looks like a truck ran over it heh :D

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Holy thread revival!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts