Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my TSX in today for an oil change and to fix a creaking noise on the automatic transmission console (gated silver plastic transmission piece).
Boy am I glad I am not an Accord owner. This car SUCKS! Granted it has a smoother ride, and a larger interior, but it reeks of soulessness and impersonality. The engine is weak, very slow, and a huge delay in acceleration when you hit the throttle. The driving position is so awkward, especially because there are no power adjustments. This car plain and simple is basic transportation. All those people who saved $2k and bought an accord over the TSX are real losers. They can claim the car has great handling and a smooth ride, but when it comes down to it, the car offers no luxury feel, and not even a hint of confidence inspired driving.

No wonder its the best selling car in America!

LX model 4cylinder

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ah...that's why... Gotta drive the EX V6 :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I'd rather have a '04 Chevy Impala SS over the Accord EX, but the TSX is still better! 1blue1.gif

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
too bad my dealership doesn't have the EX V6 - it was either the accord or base model RSX.
I took the RSX last time, but it was too harsh of a ride, and very noisey. Very unrefined car.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
SAZABI said:
err..... your place is weird....
How come you get a honda car when you drive a Acura?
In my place, I get RSX or EL as coutesy....
Good point Saz :donno:
Joker - who was given an RSX once, and a TSX twice as a loaner

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got my TSX back from the dealer. What a difference this car has over the Accord. Sat in my comfortable leather seats, with such great support and driving position. I remember why I chose it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
SAZABI said:
err..... your place is weird....
How come you get a honda car when you drive a Acura?
In my place, I get RSX or EL as coutesy....
Could yourselves lucky. My dealer does business with an outside rental place. The first time, I got treated to a Cavalier, the second to an Impala...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
I test drove a fully loaded (leather + NAVI) Accord EX V6 sedan the same night I test drove a TSX. The Accord was nice, but felt big and the V6 made very little difference in performance/power over the TSX. The Accord didn't feel as nimble as the TSX. For 2k more I felt the TSX was sportier, funnier and just as good a value, if not better. Besides you see Accords every where!

·
Registered
30 Posts
HondaMan said:
For 2k more I felt the TSX was sportier, funnier and just as good a value, if not better.
Another reason I want to trade my Accord for a TSX!! :p I didn't realize the TSX had such a great sense of humor!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
PSU ODY FAN said:
Another reason I want to trade my Accord for a TSX!! :p I didn't realize the TSX had such a great sense of humor!!
LOL...oops! :D

...funier to drive that is :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
PSU ODY FAN said:
:laugh: :lol: :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts