Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was driving on a two lane road and I saw a big rock down the way that I eventually ran over. I did not have enough room to avoid the rock.

The car detected a crash and now my front seat belts are locked up. I went to a salvage yard to get the same color belt retractor from a 2009 accord I have been getting engine parts from but the bolts dont line up on the seat belt assembly to screw in. Which model of what car is a good salvage belt retractor donor?

·
Registered
431 Posts
You’d probably have to grab them from another TSX. The only real similarity with TSX and Accord is the engine and suspension. Having been in both Accord and TSX, while it looks similar, there are some pretty substantial differences concerning the interior. Now, I know with some newer cars, the ECU stores crash data (or something to that effect) and continues to lock the seat belts/deploy airbags. I’m not sure how to ensure that doesn’t happen (or if it even applies to these) but keep that in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.