Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised most of these resources I would put up an appreciation thread for their good customer service (and promised one for their terrible service). Here is a list of many of my simple mods and credit due. If anyone is interested in something feel free to ask, otherwise, if you’re looking to do any of these, check out the resources listed.

Notable Resources: iJDMtoy.com; SuperBrightLeds.com (SBL.com); HeelToeAuto.com; TSXclub.com Member; Speedtech Calgary, Crown Acura Winnipeg

Just completed a few more LED mods that I've done to my car. It's probably not for everyone, but I wanted to try and see if I could do these mods. They're simple and very inexpensive.

LED Mods:
-Blue LED interior swap. [iJDMtoys & SBL.com]
-Blue LED "Acura" illuminated door sills. [Homemade design with SBL.com strip LEDs]
-Blue LED door courtesy swap. [SBL.com]
-White LED license plate swap. [SBL.com]
-White LED reverse light accent - not the actual bulb. [SBL.com]
-White LED Audi style DRL. [iJDMtoy.com, then remade with SBL.com]
-White LED Demon Eye accents around Head Light low beam & Signal - Homemade design from component LEDs and heat-shaped rods. [SBL.com]
-Then remade them with White LED Angel Eyes. [SBL.com]
-Purple LED Demon Eye accents around daytime/high beam - Homemade design from component LEDs and heat-shaped rods. [SBL.com]
-White Hyper Flux 68 SMD LED Fog light bulbs - Then swap for 3000K HID Fog light conversion. [iJDMtoy.com, then iJDMtoy.com]
-Blue LED illuminated door handles – SMD components [SBL.com]
-Blue LED puddle lights & front bumper glow – LED accent lights [SBL.com]
-Red Engine Bay glow – LED accent lights [SBL.com]

Engine/Drivetrain Mods:
-Injen Cold Air Intake [Speedtech – Calgary]
-Hondata Reflash [thru HeelToeAuto.com]
-Comptech Short Shifter [HeelToeAuto.com]
-Corsport Shifter Bushings [HeelToeAuto.com]
-Maven Shift Knob – Dipped in Dark Chrome as suggested by Marcus [HeelToeAuto.com]

Suspension Mods:
-Eibach Pro-Kit Springs [Service Tech @ Crown Acura]
-Comptech Rear Sway Bar [TSXclub.com Member]
-Neuspeed Front Upper Tie bar – Dipped in Dark Chrome as suggested by Marcus [HeelToeAuto.com]
-Energy Prothane Rear Sway Bar Bushings [HeelToeAuto.com]

Wheels/Tires Modification:
-18” Ruff Racing Rims – Machined Finish [WheelsNext.com] – Do not order from here. They screwed me over. Sent me knock off replica rims of an already low brand, wrong & knock off rubber (Autoguard?!?), lied about fitment, no spacers to fix, flat spots on 3 tires (Static & Dynamic Road Force test confirmed), and actually told me there’s nothing I can do because they’re in Miami, and I’m in Canada.
-225/40R18 All-Season “Autoguard” Rubber – [WheelsNext.com] - Supposed to be Falken Summer Tires This is what happens when you're poor but still want rims =(

Many other minor mods – but credit is scattered among painting, tinting, ebay. Profile and pics have the rest.

Special Thanks to Marcus at Heel Toe Automotive for his exceptional customer service. Calls me immediately whenever there is an issue, and makes sure the customer is pleased. Also did some extras for me.

Special thanks to superbrightleds.com customer service, sent me INSTANT replacement lights on several occasions when an LED I installed failed early. No questions asked. Their guarantee is solid.

Pics to follow once I resize them.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Toronto
782 Posts
cool manifold & plug cover. what colour & paint type did you use?

·
What to put here?
1,990 Posts
It looks like you're taking chings place as the king of the led lighting. Impressive amount of work you did so far. I'm not feeling the chrome on the doors and the blue lighting.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wheels/Tires Modification:
-18” Ruff Racing Rims – Machined Finish [WheelsNext.com] – Do not order from here. They screwed me over. Sent me knock off replica rims of an already low brand, wrong & knock off rubber (Autoguard?!?), lied about fitment, no spacers to fix, flat spots on 3 tires (Static & Dynamic Road Force test confirmed), and actually told me there’s nothing I can do because they’re in Miami, and I’m in Canada.

Dude are you efing serious?! If I were you, I would fly over there and give them hell.

Anyway good job on the car! :D

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I have a baseball bat and I'm not that far from Miami...

honestly, your car is modded in a direction that most people on this website,
myself included, just aren't into. I can see though, for the direction you've
taken, you've gone quite far. I can respect the work that went into it.

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
It looks like you're taking chings place as the king of the led lighting. Impressive amount of work you did so far. I'm not feeling the chrome on the doors and the blue lighting.
Ching's led's were abundant but tasteful haha

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
haha not my cup of tea, but good job.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@lexx - it's just duplicolour metalcast anodized paint. Have to use the recommended base too for it to come out electric.
Lol I'm not the king of anything except excessive modding just to see if I can do it, then usually doing anything I can =) Tsx, ninja, Gsxr, ... iPhone, Xbox sigh
Props to batman and knight Rider, but I prefer TSXmas tree, gotta call it as it is. But I added some control over the TSX beacon by adding on-off-on switches to turn each on manually, completely off, or with the courtesy lights at unlock or open door. Let's just say I don't have them ALL on at the same time. But that's just a night show anyways. Clearly I don't like to blend in, how else would I find my car in the parking lot.
The rest of the "normal" mods are in line with commonality, for the older batman and knight rider generation.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Hey Aragrev7, have you thought about doing an led conversion for the dash and steering wheel? I wanna tackle that project but I haven't gotten any good references

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I have looked into it before. I am planning to do this project at some point. Part of my idea is to mod the tach needle to change Colour as it approaches redline (so from blue to red or something). I do actually like the dash cours as they are. They're crisp and clean. But I love the VW Colours. My wife's golf has such a soothing backlight.
Problem is all the trim I'm expecting to pull out. And that's bc I've done it a million times already. You make any progress?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Ahh I think I said it wrong. I meant the center console (radio, ac, cd player). Because I agree that I am satisfied with the color of the dash. I was planning on doing white led conversion on the center console.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh I thought you wanted to do it all. Maybe just the console wouldn't be too hard I don't think. Pulled the centre console out twice for my subs. You'll just have to crack open the actual console to replace the lights. Might be the only way to see what you really need. If you get around to it before me let me know

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
just a little bit to ricey for me:/ i went through that whole thing with my last car. Anyways because i do alotta wiring i respect the work good job

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx. I guess that's my asian side so it works =P Of course it makes me happy to hear it's not most people's taste, I don't want my car to look the same like everyone else's =) but again the appreciation is for the people who provided me products. I got some good deals implicitly contingent on putting out a good word.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Way overdone in my opinion. :\ With that said, I know how hard/time-consuming wiring for lights can get. Props for the hard work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts