Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our windows tinted for about 2 months now and the other day I noticed a long hair line scratch that goes from the top of th window all the way to the bottom on the driver's side. I think I remember reading somewhere that Acura's have this problem. SOmething to do with the space between the door being really small. Is this true? Can I expect my other windows to do the same thing?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
flfungirl said:
We've had our windows tinted for about 2 months now and the other day I noticed a long hair line scratch that goes from the top of th window all the way to the bottom on the driver's side. I think I remember reading somewhere that Acura's have this problem. SOmething to do with the space between the door being really small. Is this true? Can I expect my other windows to do the same thing?
i'm looking into getting tints too.
I like to research a lot before I buy/install anything (i'm not trying to be sarcastic). but one of the things I came across when i was researching tinting windows is that most cars need to have a piece of felt installed in their window to protect the tint on the window when the window is rolled up and down. did your installer put a piece of felt in? i know i'm going to insist that my guy does it when i install it.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
^^^Is right on :nod:
My window tinter installed the felt strip, and I have had no problem's at all :thumbsup:
There are other's here who did not, and have had similar problem's as the one you have just described :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
better go back to your tinter. i took a trip to FL last year, drove my tsx just to get the windows tinted in FL. always did that to all my cars, believed from my friend living in FL that the tinters are experts compared to NJ. i was about to ask him about the felt strip but he started to tell me that honda/acura always need the strips (moleskin) before i said anything to him and it was all included in my tint package.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips. The guys who tinted our windows is a friend so it won't be a problem going back to him to see if he could install it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts