Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CL9 was my birthday/graduation present given to me by my parents, making it very special to me. From day one, being October 6, 2011, I fell in love with the car. Since then, it's been my baby/project, working any job and saving any money I get to further my progress. Being a full time student I was pretty much balling on a budget until a few months back I was hired for a full time, finally allowing me to put in more work. Most work was done by me except for a few things.

A few pics, first shoot with some friends from school.

A month or two later of money saving here and there, I managed to save enough for a little make over. Painted calipers red, repainted wheels black, installed 8k hids, and yellow fog lights. Had tints, alarm, and system given but installed by me due to an apprenticeship I did at a local car electronics shop.

Months down the road, I decided to black out the tail lights, chrome trim, emblems, and grille. Also painted the diffuser black and got Mugen rep visors from my girlfriend as a present. With a hook up from a friend at a local muffler shop, I had FlowMaster mufflers with custom 3 inch tips installed with resonators delete, deep clean amazing sound!

Came across a free scratch-and-win ticket and won $200, lucky huh? With some money I had saved already I decided to buy Tein Lowering Springs and a DC Sports CAI off eBay and with some help from my friend Mike with the Mustang, had them installed. Not very much of a drop but it was something, the CAI was a very noticeable difference in performance. Converted the CAI to an SRI due to heavy rain but can still use the excess piece that cut off to turn back into a CAI. Not the cleanest or neatest engine bay but cut me some slack I'm limited lol

Started a part-time with Domino's Pizza and bought a few things. First was a VIC Rear visor and a band-aid sticker to cover a crack I had gotten on my back fender due to some idiot in a hit and run at a local meet -_-

After the visor and boo-boo sticker, I purchased a universal lip for the front fender as well as Function&Form Type 1 coil overs. Also came across someone selling a Wicked Tuning camber kit for the low so I picked that up as well. Set the car to a 2.5 inch drop in the back and 2.6 inch drop in the front.

Misfortune struck two months later after the installation of the coil overs, driving down an expressway on a rainy day I hit a puddle of water going 40 and spun twice before hitting a guardrail. Luckily no one was hurt but just the car and my pride a bit. This is the car the day after.

Days on end of haggling my insurance company, they finally came through with some change for the repair. I took advantage of the oppurtunity and had the front converted to the '08 front, my favorite front, and decided to have the whole car freshly painted to fix all of its minor imperfections. I had the job done at an uncle's shop so I saved quite a bit on labor which is how I had the whole job done on a tight budget. Found a $20 while walking to class so i bought euro style hi-beams to install as soon as I got the car back

With the new front and fresh paint, and new full-time job for American Express I set out to for an entire makeover. I found a trade for my wheels for FA5 stocks. With the money I saved while the car was at the shop and leftover money from a school grant, I bought '08 taillights, Euro-R grille, Type-R Honda badge as well as the Euro-R badge foe the rear.

Last install done was new fog lights I found at a local thrift store. This is the most recent pic of my CL9 at the current moment.

Thank you for viewing my post. With many more mods planned to be done, I'll have more updates coming soon. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Here are some "just for the hell of it" pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah guys I know I the tails looked outta place, thats why I had eventually bought the '08 tails for a much cleaner look. Good looks though. And about the pictures I really cant say much. On my phone it leaves a few out but on computer they're all visible.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
Same story as me. My dad got me the car as a graduation gift/making varsity in high school way back when. Part progression is nice, except for the blacked out taillights. You should black out the chrome on the handles or paint-match them to the rest of the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
nice job reminds me of my car in its earlier stages, my cars at the shop right now getting a new full kit put on...will post when done. I def give you credit for the creativity of your build esp on a budget as i can relate. but jw did you get your bumper re-sprayed bc in the pics it looks a little biut lighter than the rest of the car.could be the flash? but mine is similar after a re-spray so just wondering. oh yeah i also had a similar accident where my car struck a patch of dry sand and crashed into a tree also ruining my bumper but also my airbags :-( thank god for insurance..but it just refuses to quit on me and ive done the same for it. so anyway sorry for the rambling i just can relate to you build and also your misfortunes..but stay modding and stay safe !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same story as me. My dad got me the car as a graduation gift/making varsity in high school way back when. Part progression is nice, except for the blacked out taillights. You should black out the chrome on the handles or paint-match them to the rest of the car.
I actually was already on paint-matching the chrome on the door handles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice job reminds me of my car in its earlier stages, my cars at the shop right now getting a new full kit put on...will post when done. I def give you credit for the creativity of your build esp on a budget as i can relate. but jw did you get your bumper re-sprayed bc in the pics it looks a little biut lighter than the rest of the car.could be the flash? but mine is similar after a re-spray so just wondering. oh yeah i also had a similar accident where my car struck a patch of dry sand and crashed into a tree also ruining my bumper but also my airbags :-( thank god for insurance..but it just refuses to quit on me and ive done the same for it. so anyway sorry for the rambling i just can relate to you build and also your misfortunes..but stay modding and stay safe !
I saw what you meant about the paint and yeah it was just the flash on my phone. Im glad you're fine from your crash and am looking forward to seeing your tsx once its back from the shop. Likewise for you man, be easy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Damn, looking good! Need to get me an '06+ front end
lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.