Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys , so i am looking to get some 19" wheels , i dont want to roll fenders , and i dont want to lose any functions such as the TPMS , what are some potential issues that i will be facing ? I love the way Johnny Ly's car looks , hes the inspiration , ive been doing some research and i know there could be issues with the VSA and TPMS , i would love to keep those if possible , i also know sizing the wheels and tires to get a good looking stance might be difficult , can you guy fill me in on some other problems if there any any other ones that i will be facing ? my ultimate goal is to achieve a great stance while rocking 19's without losing these features . I would love to be able to keep my stock 17's and use them for offseason with just a simple swap and no f**king around. Is this an oxymoron or can i make it happen ? im somewhat of a noob when it comes to the CL9 platform by the way but i have been researching more and more as knowledge = powah !!! :p

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
you could definitely roll with 19's and not roll fenders...but that would mean you have to be not flush and not dropped much. which will not look good

tpms should work if your wheel is compatible

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help bro , I got to get in touch with Johnny Ly and see if he can clue me in into his full wheel / suspension / fender / TPMS / VSA set up

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I run 19s for the past 4 years with no issue. As for TPMS, I am sure you can just buy a new set and put them in your new rims

·
Registered
205 Posts
19 inch wheels Fit easy with no issues remember the acura optional a spec wheels are 19's most people don't buy them because there not really a great looking wheel. but I seen tons of people use the 19in HFP wheels from the accord and there like driving a regular wheels. check my post I have 19's as well I have new 18's though because I wanted a tire with more meat. Jersey streets suck.

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Personally I highly recommend rolling the fenders. I had my shop cut my fender tabs because due to the roll, the tabs were not flush. It made me able to drop my car pretty low, and I run 225/25/19 in the front, with 225/35/19 in the rear. You're gonna love it bro. It's definitely possible to run 19. Depending on what rim style you get, 19's may look better also. Good luck man.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
225/25/19 in the front!? Why such low sidewall. That's too thin.

Edit: I did a quick search and no such thing as 225/25/19 tires. You must had made a mistake in your post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts