Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 1st Gen and now going to look at 2009 AT TSX with Tech Package with nearly 130K miles.

Should I stay away from it? Car does have service records and maintenance history.

Appreciate if there are any must checks I perform? I plan to check all fluids, including color of transmission fluid. Any quirks of it?

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Understand about the oil burning issue, was it common on manuals or AT too? Is there a way that can be figured out? Of course, I'll check oil level and all. Car does has extensive dealership maintenance history.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a 2010 AT 4 cylinder. At 127,000 the head gasket failed on the 3rd cylinder. Research shows this is common. My Honda mechanic confirmed. Also had the oil consumption issue w the carbon buildup on the rings. Both of these issues happen w the 09-11 engines. So common Acura fixed these on the 12-14 models. Acura wanted $4,000 to fix our TSX. Instead I found a 2014 engine in SoCal w 22,000 miles. Upon arrival looked brand new. Cost me $1,000 for the engine, $200 parts and $900 for install. Car is cherry. Y put $4k in an engine w 127,000 miles? No way. Also, the timing chains stretch really bad on the 09-11 models. Also corrected on the 12-14’s I was told. Best of luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my base. Tech's are nice, but are extremely limited on aftermarket car audio. IMO the GPS is outdated.

I have a '10 Base, and will eventually swap out the stock radio. Base's are way easier to upgrade stereo stuff. If that isn't a concern I'd say go for it!

I'm currently at 116k with no issues. My car was properly maintained by PO, if you have all the service records I'd say move on it! The paddle shifters are nice, but don't replace the manual gearbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jdmjustin
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing