Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been reading about TSXs for a little while and have read that the 04's have some issues-most concerning are the oil burning and A/c issues. I found this 04 with low miles and seems like a good deal, could get it for about $12,500 out the door. the autocheck doesn't show anything however. Should I just skip 04's all together?, can't find any stick 05's or newer for what I want to spend. The vin is a lower number number too. Any input is appreciated.

http://www.hennessyfordstores.com/vehicle-details/2004-acura-tsx-tsx-oswego-il-id-1139364

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I wouldn't skip 04's altogether, that seems a bit harsh. Many people have well over 100K miles on their 04's running strong.

Plus the TSX you linked is ABP (which is a nice not too common colour), 6 speed and has the A-spec kit; that's a pretty rare combination if you ask me and if the history is solid and the miles are low like you say they are I would jump on it let alone take it out for a spin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some of the other TSX sites I've been to people said to just skip 04's because of problems. This car looks really clean, but I don't know the history. The autocheck on it doesn't show anything but registration. The car is also about 3 hours away from me. Does the car seem like a descent price?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Price is good if the mileage is below 80k or so.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
That looks luke a good deal to me .. After the silver I think I like blue the best.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
It has almost 67k miles. Do these get better than the EPA ratings for gas mileage?
Mileage is pretty low for an '04. Yes, many people here see 30+ mpg on the highway and someone's even done 500 miles on a tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts