Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently running HT Spec V2 T1's at the minimum drop of 1.5".

For me, this drop height is perfect. What's not perfect is the ride quality. My highways in upstate NY aren't too bad, but they just became 10x worse after these were put on.

My question is, for under $700, what would the ideal set up be for a drop of 1.2 - 1.5" drop but the comfort of OEM.

Not sure if this is even possible at this price range... Please do not recommend A Spec setup. From some of the reviews I read, these V2's were supposed to be "comfortable", even HT rated them a 4.5/5 for Ride Quality. The bumps are just too harsh to enjoy the ride.

I have heard a few people recommending Koni + a spring combo, not sure how that ranks on comfort, but that would give me a 1.2-3" drop on the middle perch. Would it be better to get a lower spring (1.6") and raise the perch up one? Or keep it neutral and get the 1.2-3" spring?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had comptech lowering springs with the stock shocks when I bought the car. I felt every bump in the road! I found a nice used set of buddy club N+ coilovers on the club classifieds for under $700. My car rides much smoother and you can adjust the height!

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Currently running Tein H-Tech's with Koni yellows for shocks, and its an extremely comfortable ride. Obviously the Koni's are adjustable, making them even more personalizable. I think I have my fronts at 3/4 turn and the rears at 1 1/4 turn (from full soft) and they're really responsive (says me) and extremely comfortable (says the wife!).

Koni's are definitely not cheap - about $550 on sale shipped, but H-tech's are very inexpensive and can be found used for $100 like I did about 4 years ago. ;)

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
spend some money and get some bc coilovers and your problems solved

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
^ Yeap, thats what I did and I bought myself the TEIN Comfort Sport definitely worth it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ Yeap, thats what I did and I bought myself the TEIN Comfort Sport definitely worth it.
Damn these things are like $2K heh. Little out of my price range right now.

The BC N+'s are a little more reasonable but still expensive. Will consider saving for these if I cannot find comfort in my price range.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Yeap it is pricey and believe me at first I was telling myself I cant see myself buying something for that much when I could get myself something for around <1K but then again the freeway I take to commute is very bumpy.

I think BC would be perfect for you then or if you lucky maybe a member might sell their comfort sport.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
i meant bc racing coilovers haha

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
bc n+ or eibach prokit on stock shocks (if they arent too old). I have the latter setup and OMG its so soft, amazing...and I say this living in NYC. BC n+ are even softer (even if you are lower :D :D).

Ask blulabelcl9, he has owned 3 setups (stock, eibach and bc n+).

I actually think bc n+ and my eibach setup are better than stock...but to each his own. :) Once I justify spending the $1100 or what it is I will get bc n+, without a doubt.

Come down to NYC, you're more than welcome to try my setup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bc n+ or eibach prokit on stock shocks (if they arent too old). I have the latter setup and OMG its so soft, amazing...and I say this living in NYC. BC n+ are even softer (even if you are lower :D :D).

Ask blulabelcl9, he has owned 3 setups (stock, eibach and bc n+).

I actually think bc n+ and my eibach setup are better than stock...but to each his own. :) Once I justify spending the $1100 or what it is I will get bc n+, without a doubt.

Come down to NYC, you're more than welcome to try my setup.
How many miles did you have on your shocks prior to putting the Eibach's on? How long have had Eibachs on now?

Reason why I am asking is that people have complained about blowing their stock shocks with lowered springs.

My shocks have about 48K on them. What I like about the Eibach's is that they are only $200 compared to $1100.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Sounds like what Im looking for also. My tsx is not currently lowered, but I am leaning towards the H&R coilover setup. I have the Htspec type 2 on my TL and I think the extra weight of the tl helps make them "smoother," but I do have a few real bouncy moments. Especially on i88 going over bridges lol

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I had 14k miles on the stock shocks before the eibach springs were installed. I drove around 45k miles on the oem shocks with eibach prokit with no problems at all. No leaks or blown shocks when I took them off. Nice setup for only springs and 200 bucks.

BC N+ ride much smoother than the eibach/oem shock setup. I found my sweet spot at 12clicks up front and 7 in the rear. Great handling and comfort. Someone posted that the BC N+ were harsher than stock but I think that person had them setup at full stiff or had them stiff in the rear. When I tried to have the same clicks all around the ride got a bit harsh so I went back down to 7 in the rear and feels great. Even my GF noticed the change from the springs to the coils. Everyone has a different perspective of soft/smooth/harsh so it's hard to explain. All I know is that they feel great to me with my current settings and I drive ~400 miles a week over all kinds of crappy roads.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had 14k miles on the stock shocks before the eibach springs were installed. I drove around 45k miles on the oem shocks with eibach prokit with no problems at all. No leaks or blown shocks when I took them off. Nice setup for only springs and 200 bucks.

BC N+ ride much smoother than the eibach/oem shock setup. I found my sweet spot at 12clicks up front and 7 in the rear. Great handling and comfort. Someone posted that the BC N+ were harsher than stock but I think that person had them setup at full stiff or had them stiff in the rear. When I tried to have the same clicks all around the ride got a bit harsh so I went back down to 7 in the rear and feels great. Even my GF noticed the change from the springs to the coils. Everyone has a different perspective of soft/smooth/harsh so it's hard to explain. All I know is that they feel great to me with my current settings and I drive ~400 miles a week over all kinds of crappy roads.

Good luck with your decision.
Sweet thanks. I guess if I want to do it right and have the cash, trade up to the N+. If I want a quick and temporary fix, to go with OEM struts and Eibach springs.

Sounds like what Im looking for also. My tsx is not currently lowered, but I am leaning towards the H&R coilover setup. I have the Htspec type 2 on my TL and I think the extra weight of the tl helps make them "smoother," but I do have a few real bouncy moments. Especially on i88 going over bridges lol
Where upstate ny?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same set up HT-SPEC V2 type 1's the minimum drop is not 1.5 inches you could ride them stock height if you would like. I have them dropped 1 inch all the way around and they ride pretty comparable to stock... I know Marcus had issued updated preload specs. I believe it was 7.5 in the front and 8 and 3/4 in the rear. Adjusting the preload should help...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the same set up HT-SPEC V2 type 1's the minimum drop is not 1.5 inches you could ride them stock height if you would like. I have them dropped 1 inch all the way around and they ride pretty comparable to stock... I know Marcus had issued updated preload specs. I believe it was 7.5 in the front and 8 and 3/4 in the rear. Adjusting the preload should help...
I have the "old" version that the min is only 1.5". The preload is less than what the instructions state (8" instead of 7.5" I think), and adjusting them will only make it less comfortable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed KYB shocks and H&R Sport Springs. The ride is super smooth, very similar to stock, but with less sway and stiffer while cornering. The drop is perfect as well! I recommend to everyone if your budget is $600 and you want smooth ride!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts