Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I am new to the TSX, and already looking for my second one.

I bought a Grey 2006 6-speed in fantastic condition last Saturday. I fell in love with the car after a few days of ownership, only to have a drunk woman run a red light and destroy my car, 5 days after signing the paperwork. The police and witnessses all felt very sorry for me, but thats how the story goes.

So now I am looking at the ONLY OTHER 2006 6-speed listed for sale within 400 miles of where I live. I had chosen my first one over this one for a few reasons, but my biggest concern was the transmission.

Third gear is difficult to get into - its very notchy. I am hoping a fresh filling of honda MTF will make all that go away, but if not, I am curious if anyone has any experience dealing with Honda / Acura in trying to get a transmission rebuild at the end of the powertrain warranty.

Are syncros considered a wear item?

The dealer selling the car is an Audi dealership, so they don't have much pull with Acura.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any experience getting warranty work on a manual transmission from Honda / Acura USA.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Mayuga had a tranmission problem and went through Honda/Acura to fix it. From what I remember reading, it wasn't a smooth process.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Yeah when I first bought the car used @ Acura Dealer, the 3rd gear would grind when shifting into "sometimes" the mechanic finally caught it and repaired it free of charge (2,200$ to fix) since the car was in warranty and I bought it certified pre owned @ 50k, supposedly by 3rd syncro was bad.

And @ 87k my final drive teeth got chewed up, from they said.. "Driving Hard".. and my "Mods" (Intake, Headers, Too much to list) So I got the whole transmission rebuilt since there was prly plenty of little shards seeping into the gears and syncros.. So to prevent anything from happening in the future I replaced everything brand new (4,600$ for the full rebuild).. (Syncros, Gears, Clutch, Flywheel, SS Clutch Line, the works) IMO i think it was from the last transmission tear down, the mechanic prly didnt line it up right according to spec and it slowly tore it apart.. or it could be a factory defect from what I read @ Azine.

Sorry to read what happened, good luck with the search. And I hope you dont run into similar problems like I did. But I wouldnt change anything, I love the car out of all the cars I've owned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts