Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put a good exhaust system and header to my tsx 08.. what are the best options on the market right now?

also i want to tune the car up, what are options i have? im VERY EXTREMELY new to stick cars and its my 1st stick vehicle.. lots of ppl tell me "oh you need a short shifter" or "oh you need turbo" and stuff like that, but a lot of them dont know what the heck they are talking about..

so i want to hear it from experts...
How can i slowly tune up my vehicle? what parts do i need to switch from factory to after market?

I have already installed an Intake and RIMS.. so whats next? im aiming for exhaust, header and suspension... is that good aiming?

TIPS & ADVICES ALWAYS WELCOME!!!

·
2,608 Posts
For the TSX, exhausts don't really give you that much hp gains. I would say go get Hondata 1st. As for headers, Feels header is good for the TSX but expensive.

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For the TSX, exhausts don't really give you that much hp gains. I would say go get Hondata 1st. As for headers, Feels header is good for the TSX but expensive.
I tried looking up a Hondata, but i can't seem to find 1 that will fit an 08 tsx... where can i get 1?

"What about the 07 and 08 TSX?

Hondata cannot program the 07 and 08 Acura TSX ECUs. An 06 TSX ECU will theoretically work in an 07-08 TSX but this has not been tested. As the datalink (scan tool) wiring has changed from the 06 to the 07/08, the immobilizer system from the 06 ECU cannot be matched to the 07/08 key and immobilizer."

s2000 KPro (scroll down all the way)

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
First and foremost, if u already have RIMS...as u say....then u need to drop that shiet immediately!!!

Suspension first!!!

Then take ur time with all the rest. Research, compare, and check the classifieds for some deals.

GL :thumbsup:,

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First and foremost, if u already have RIMS...as u say....then u need to drop that shiet immediately!!!

Suspension first!!!

Then take ur time with all the rest. Research, compare, and check the classifieds for some deals.

GL :thumbsup:,
thanks bud, i already have the suspension, just need to take it to the shop and get it done..

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
Perfecto!! Post pics of ur ride.

And icemiko is right about the exhausts for the TSX. They're mostly cosmetic with very little gain. Finding a used one is ur best bet if u want a little eye candy.

Mine's an AT so I can't help u with all that clutch stuff, but definitely look into pullies, header, and cat since u cant reflash.

·
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah no reflashing sucks lol pic r commign up in a sec..

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
apex'i intake? :tu:

I'd say get pullies, header, rear sway bar, lightweight flywheel, harder clutch, short shifter and shift knob (depends on preference), more aggressive brake pads and rotors, stainless steel brake lines, and maybe an exhaust and be done. Unless some form of engine management comes out (flashpro?, kpro?, reflash?, etc) for the 07-08's there is no point in getting a turbo/supercharger cause you can't tune

My Recommendations (I own all these)
Sway bar = Progress rear sway bar
Brake Lines = Stoptech
Brake Pads = EBC Reds
Header = Comptech (only if you live in California. If you live in a place where noise or emissions don't matter then there are a lot more options for you.

All the other categories, I don't really have experience in. I know a lot of people like Exedy stuff for clutch and flywheel. I have EBC ultimax slotted rotors and I'd recommend them, but I'm sure there are a lot of other good alternatives. For the short shifter, I think a lot of people get the comptech one or the mugen one if you have the money. Good luck

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
thats not true...there a k-tuned wiring harness available for 07-08 which allows u to run k-pro...Dual ECU KPro Harness (TSX 04-08)
Do you have it? I saw this on a thread somewhere and it looked promising. Just not sure if anyone has gotten it yet. From all those 07-08 folks that complained about not having reflash or kpro, i'm surprised this hasn't taken off.

·
unofficial city snowplow
837 Posts
looks good so far. tekneek's post covers off the good stuff! never underestimate the benefits of chassis rigidity (sway bar, braces, etc.) for the overall feel of handling! sucks about the reflash though :(

looking forward to seeing it dropped!

·
Last hand... ALL IN!!!
1,884 Posts
Do you have it? I saw this on a thread somewhere and it looked promising. Just not sure if anyone has gotten it yet. From all those 07-08 folks that complained about not having reflash or kpro, i'm surprised this hasn't taken off.
No one tried this yet for 07-08? :squint:

·
Registered
585 Posts
No members here seem to have it done yet but...

There are quite a few K-Tuned Kpro TSX's running around in the Toronto area. A few of which are actually 2007-2008 models. I actually was at the shop on Saturday when John was finishing up an install on a 2007 PWP TSX.

I can now 100% say that I have seen the K-Tuned Kpro setup on 2004-06 and on the 2007-08 and it works great. IIRC the car they did on Saturday made 212hp (On K-Tuned's Mustang Dyno) with just a header, intake and some quick tuning. I know for sure the exhaust was 100% stock.
From the thread: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/48940-kpro-13.html#post738196

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes i have it!...its sittin in my room rite now waitin to be installed with my comptech supercharger!..I have an appointment scheduled April 2nd to get all these things installed by a professional tuner! Can't wait!:)

·
CL9 to ZF1
1,461 Posts
Yes i have it!...its sittin in my room rite now waitin to be installed with my comptech supercharger!..I have an appointment scheduled April 2nd to get all these things installed by a professional tuner! Can't wait!:)
i could NEVER have a SC and a tuning solution sitting in my room for more than a week, lol. Im the most impatient person in the world when it comes to installing new mods, lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts