Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really agonizing over getting the A-Spec kit. I'm in San Diego, is there anyone in or near San Diego that could show me their car. I've seen a few pictures but it's hard to tell. If someone near me has one and wouldn't mind showing it off, please let me know.

Here is a picture of my car.

Ignacio
San Diego, CA

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Are you talking about the OEM bodykit?

The Aspec package you can buy from the factory comes with the OEM bodykit.

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
Bastard!
i wanted milano red w/ ebony :(

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Type X said:
Bastard!
i wanted milano red w/ ebony :(
It wasn't easy. I spent 4 months looking for one, finally did national search and flew from San Diego, CA to Florida to pick it up and drive it back. Not easy to find in Red/Ebony/No Nav/MT, but it looks hot. I hope you find one.

There are a few autos out there but very rare red/ebony/no nav in Manual. I like the manual.

Good luck.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
y is it hard to find? i ordered mine when it first came out.. waited month n a half... im sure u can order it no?

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
chyllintsx said:
y is it hard to find? i ordered mine when it first came out.. waited month n a half... im sure u can order it no?

red/ ebony is the hardest combo to get and since the tsx is built in japan to get one takes over 2 months WHICH... i didnt do ;)

so i got the blk on blk :drool1:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Are you planning on lowering your car at all?

My personal feeling is this. The A-Spec/OEM kit looks unbelievably good on a lowered car. It grounds it, adds to the wide stance. But, when the car sits at factory height, it tends to make the already large gap even larger.

Your car with the A-Spec rims looks really good right now though, so even if you don't do it, you've got a nice looking ride already.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lanny, I found an 04 Red lurking in San Diego. It had the A-spec body kit with rear wing but stock wheels. It didn't look that good with stock wheels. If I got the body kit, I would lower it more for performance like the A-spec kit with camber kit as you recommended but the kit looks nice but it's not awesome, IMO. It looks pretty good in black but I just don't know how it looks in Red with the A-Spec wheels in person. I wish I could see one with the whole package. It's not just the money too. The one I saw was actually in the body shop when I was getting mine fixed and it had some damage to the kit. I seems like I gets damaged easily too so right now I'm leaning to just staying with the wheels and getting the suspension. If I find a red one with my wheels and it looks good, I could always add it later.

On another note, I can't believe still how hard it is to find a red/ebony No/Nav in MT.

Every dealer I talked to says they would never stock one like that because they are positive no one would buy red/ebony, much less an MT. Maybe so but it's surprising it's not just a few dealerships but basically the entire group of Acura dealers with a few exceptions thinks the Red Ebony MT is like ordering a pink elephant. I just don't think Red & Black 6 speed is that crazy of a combination, but what do I know.

Finally, I wish someone made a really nice body kit for the TSX. I really want one but the OEM kit looks too much like the Toyota Corolla S. I don't know what it is but something just seems off on the body kit. Really, I can't explain it...it just looks a little odd to me.

BTW, is Lanny your real name?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
It's Lance, but people have been calling me Lanny for years, so it just kinda stuck, and since it's a little unusual, it's usually available when I register somewhere online......

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
LannyM said:
It's Lance, but people have been calling me Lanny for years, so it just kinda stuck, and since it's a little unusual, it's usually available when I register somewhere online......
Lance, nice to meet you. My real name is Ignacio, thanks for all your help on the forum. It's a nice little forum compared to many I've been on. I got called "retarded' the other day for trying to share some info with TSXers but otherwise, the people here seem great. It ads to my enjoyment of my car and even when things go awry, it's nice to have some other people that can appreciate cars, to share it with.

Ignacio

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Nice to meet you too, Ignacio.

I went and found the thread you referred to; first off let me say that was a great post that you made; very informative and helpful; I will def go and try out some of the Techron.

Don't worry about people like that; there's always going to be some of that. The good thing about this forum is that that kind of attitude doesn't prevail; he'll either straighten out and act civil or just disappear :D...........

·
Crusin Thru
164 Posts
Here is a pic of TSX with the Oem Kit and 18" wheels :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts