Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Acura TSX team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2008 Acura TSX, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Acura TSX, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $7,900 and it has 97498 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Sky Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
cura

·
-
1,782 Posts
So a 2008 Salvage TSX with 97000 miles, asking US$7900.

It has the lame auto trans with the really lame beige fake woodtrim interior. :)
If you have any performance or sporting ambitions, this is the wrong car.

1st up why was it salvaged. Flood, fire, theft, accident?
Carfax and mechanic inspection for flood damage, accident history (repair and repaint), rust inspection and all the mechanical and electronic inspection.
Check the quality of the auto trans fluid.

Plus all the normal used car stuff like tire wear, suspension, steering and brake inspection, etc, etc...

Reactions: Mark walker

·
Registered
285 Posts
Price is a bit high but mileage is low for this car, so probably reasonable especially in this market.

Why was it salvaged? Need to know that or walk away.

My '04 now has a salvage title, simply because a minor fender-bender pushed the repair cost over bluebook. There's nothing wrong with the car other than a couple panels were patched and painted by a quality shop.

In the event of an accident, you really need to get a shop to check the chassis to ensure it's not bent.

Flood damage, walk away. Only way to fix that conclusively is a full teardown of the body and wiring.

Fire damage, probably also walk away unless they have before and after pics and you're confident that everything affected was replaced.

Ensure the vehicle drives and handles well, get a little sporty on some curves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So a 2008 Salvage TSX with 97000 miles, asking US$7900.

It has the lame auto trans with the really lame beige fake woodtrim interior. :)
If you have any performance or sporting ambitions, this is the wrong car.

1st up why was it salvaged. Flood, fire, theft, accident?
Carfax and mechanic inspection for flood damage, accident history (repair and repaint), rust inspection and all the mechanical and electronic inspection.
Check the quality of the auto trans fluid.

Plus all the normal used car stuff like tire wear, suspension, steering and brake inspection, etc, etc...
Thanks for your helpful comments, I will run a carfax and share it with you guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price is a bit high but mileage is low for this car, so probably reasonable especially in this market.

Why was it salvaged? Need to know that or walk away.

My '04 now has a salvage title, simply because a minor fender-bender pushed the repair cost over bluebook. There's nothing wrong with the car other than a couple panels were patched and painted by a quality shop.

In the event of an accident, you really need to get a shop to check the chassis to ensure it's not bent.

Flood damage, walk away. Only way to fix that conclusively is a full teardown of the body and wiring.

Fire damage, probably also walk away unless they have before and after pics and you're confident that everything affected was replaced.

Ensure the vehicle drives and handles well, get a little sporty on some curves.
Thanks, I will do that, I will share the update with you guys soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys, Thanks to you all for the concerned raised here, I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and run the VIN Check, to know the past history of this vehicle, thankfully this site has auction picture available and the mileage on this car is 200k+ !!, I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience,
Here is the car report: https://app.detailedvehiclehistory.com/report/vin/JH4CL96977C005055

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

1 - 7 of 7 Posts