Acura TSX Forum banner

Looking To Buy A 09 TSX 6-Speed, What Should I Lookout For?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tsx780 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I am new here, and hopefully this is not a duplicate post. Possibly going to purchase a 2009 TSX 6speed with around 122K tomorrow. This is the none navi version. Was just curious as to what some serious, common issues I should look into before purchasing the car, and if an inspection would be worth the investment. Recently parted ways with an 03 RSX-S and owned it for 7 years with little to minor issues, I was hoping the 09 TSX's are equally reliable. One reason I picked the TSX over the TL is I have heard the TL's have transmission issues and such, anyways I was hoping these transmissions were a little more bullet proof and do not have the common syncro issues that some Hondas/Acuras encounter. Any help would be greatly appreciated and hopefully I will be part of the TSX Owners Club Soon. Cheers.:cheers:

#2 ·
Not that you'd be able to tell after some time, but main thing is oil consumption. I have a '10, and have not experienced it, so you may or may not be good. Other than that, no not really. Pretty trouble free honestly. I've put almost 20k on mine in the last year 1/2, no issues other than the brake pads and Airbag recall that Acura did for me. You could take the vin and put it here:

https://owners.acura.com/service-maintenance/recalls

Good luck!

#3 ·
oil consumption,vtc acuator cold start ups will make a grind, make sure the electronic steering system is good, axle vibration, and also make sure the transmission has been serviced. those are a few of the common problems to look for with 09-10 model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.