Acura TSX Forum banner

looking to move to florida

4K views 38 replies 20 participants last post by  tsx4life 
#1 ·
been living in jersey all my life... so looking into moving to florida for the sake of my kids.... anyone from orlando/ocala area?....

#7 ·
Ocala is very quiet somewhat boring. I used to go to Florida all the time when my grandparents were there, they lived in Ocala real boring. But Orlando is a little better more things to do when it comes to theme parks lots of them. But to be honest I like more a city like place so I like places closer to Miami. Prefer being a little closer to the south since im a beach person lots more beaches and stuff to go to. Finacial wise, Orlandos probably the best offer. Hope this helps

#9 ·
My parents to make me move down to JAX. FL. Lol I visited. Very nice place in orange park.

#18 ·
Well ill be out there on the 18th of august for 2 weeks.... gonna look into apts and someone can get me a hook up on a job.... ill be in lake mary and orlando so if anyone wants to chill holla we can hit the miami arfea...never been there and id like to see the females that iv been told about...lol...

#22 ·
It's a nice area, I lived on the southeast side near the airport. One word of advice is to stay away from orange blossom trail aka OBT lol is ghetto and not a good place to drive on lol

#21 ·
I lived in Orlando but back in S Florida now, Ocala ain't got a damn thing but trees and more trees. My wife's from Bloomfield NJ and doesn't miss anything.

#28 ·
Orlando is going to be your best bet out of those two choices, the car scene is much more prominent there. Aside from the tourism, Orlando has quite a bit to offer for the average person.

Tampa or Clearwater a possibility? We've got a decent car scene, beautiful beaches, and less tourism :laugh:

#29 ·
I really don't want to live in Orlando due to a lot of people from NJ move there ... I might as well stay here If I'm gonna see the same mofos lol... I'm looking into Tampa hearing a lot of nice things ... How many grammar schools are out there in Tampa?

#30 ·
Florida is awful. After spending my first 23 years there (Fort Lauderdale, 40min from downtown Miami), glad I moved. People, heat/humidity, food in general, traffic, money etc. all suck. It is a fantastic place to visit, but to live, I just don't get it.

#31 ·
iss

after spending all my life in NJ i need a change.. and trust me its a major change from where i live at... im from the Tri-state urban area where its crazy and just infested with drugs, killings, and just plain ol grimmy city ... im 5 minutes from the Big Apple which i will miss dearly not having to look at the New World Trade Center thats being built let alone the old New World Trade center which i miss a lot more looking at it as a young child. .. my heart will always belong to the Tri-state but for now its about my kids well being.....i dont mind the people,heat/humidity, and traffic just as long as my kids are happy and enjoy a sane life instead of insanfe life where they thay have to worry about a straight bullet or getting mugged.. so its a sacrifice on my part...

Miami is like a city so its not for me ... the one place i want to stay away...

looks like tampa is the place to look for ....figured im next to a airport to travel and im far away from orlando whch has a lot of NJ people moving too.... and can travel to South America ... so yea my mind is set

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.