Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to trade for 2nd gen tsx but was wondering if the v6 comes in manual? The 4cyclinder is too weak in hp. Why would they increase the size of the car but keep the hp the same? I am more interested in the manual. Is the 2nd gen. As nimble and as quick? Any input will be appreciate 2nd gen owners.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Though not a second generation owner myself, I can tell you that the V6 only comes in automatic unfortunately. The Accord Coupe has basically the same V6 with a six speed manual if that interests you.

Yes, the 2nd Gen has almost identical horsepower but its up on torque which you need around town, it's also more fuel efficient though most would say not as nimble as the 1G.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
my gf has an 06 1st gen and i just bought an 09 2nd gen. Ya they don't offer a v6 manual in the tsx. I have the 6 speed 4 cylinder and i think it still feels fun around town. Even though the specs are almost the same the powerband sure feels a lot different from the 06-08. Even though the 2nd gen is bigger I still think it feels pretty nimble. sway bars are bigger. brakes are bigger. Steering is the biggest difference. Some people hate it but i actually like it now that i am used to it.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
if i had a 1st gen, i'd just keep it. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.