Acura TSX Forum banner

Low beam bulbs

10K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 ·
Alright, I've been doing some research. Bored sitting at home waiting for Hurricane Sandy to pass even though nothing is going to happen here in Oakville so I thought I'd bring up this topic and ask for some help.

I installed a 6000k 35W DDMTuning Kit in my fogs a while back and they're pretty nice. Really like them.

Here's a picture of my lights before install.

And here's a picture of them afterwards.

Notice a difference? Why do my low beams not look the same?
If you don't notice the difference, they had a hint of blue to it, now have a hint of yellow.. Are my fogs sucking the life out of my low beams or something?

Anyways, thinking of getting some 6000k D2S bulbs. Any recommendations or should I just get replacement bulbs from DDM?

See less See more
#4 ·
The OEM 55W system ballasts are about 1 cm longer than the 35W ballasts.
55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output( for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit).

#5 ·
Are you sure it's not just camera trick? Does the picture really represent what you see in real life?

My best guess is that it doesn't look like that in real life and the picture has white balance problems due to the fogs being so bright.

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure it isn't a camera trick because he stated the issue after looking at them in real life THEN took a picture for the thread to help diagnose the issue. So my best guess from the provided info is 55w vs 35w issue.

#11 ·
OEM bulbs are also 4300k which are more yellow so that should be why... The wattage won't make a huge difference in color, just brightness. It's the kelvin that makes the color difference. You didn't specify if your low beam bulb was OEM or not because 4300k vs 6000k is a huge difference in tint color which would be why your low beam bulb (4300k) won't match your fog (6000k).

Refer to kelvin scale:

#12 ·
This is also the case, but from the original post he was questioning why the first picture had blue hue in the low beams while the second picture didn't have any blue hue in the low beams. This brings my guess to white balance issue in the camera because the fog lights cannot influence the color of the low beam unless there is major electrical issues.

#14 ·
I also thought it was the picture but I can tell you for sure it's what it is in real. I can turn my lowbeams on and they will look like the first picture. But as soon as my fogs turn on, they turn yellow. I think I might pick up 5000k or 6000k bulbs off DDM. Thanks for the input or.. discussion guys haha

#19 ·
Im sorry but this was 2 years ago lol and I'm a noob and still learning,
So does your oem low beams match your 6000k fog lights? because Im thinking of getting the same for my fog lights but I'm not so sure if i should also get the bulbs for my low beams so that it match the 6000k fog lights and idk if the oem low beams match the 6000k fog light hid kit. If they don't then do i have to get the hid kit for my low beams or just the 6000k bulbs from ddm?

#15 ·
I actually just got the 5k d2s from ddm yesterday and the cutoff suddenly changed. It is now curve and bit blurry for some reason. I am pretty sure I installed the bulbs currently making sure they fit snug and not lose fitting in the socket but will check it again since I installed it with little light. I do however notice that the lights are brighter than the stock 4300k. I waited til the lo's failed to convince myself of spending money to buy new ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.