Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
xcait45x
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an auto 06 tsx, I bought the car last year from ny. Ever since i bought there has been a pretty rough idle when breaking and the rpms sometimes move between 6-800. Ive always hated it but have just lived with it. So I was driving yesterday and while stopped in drive and the rpms dropped to about 500 and started shaking very bad, almost like it was going to shut off...has anyone heard of this or had this happen to them and know what the issue is? Any help would be awesome! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
your problem seems similar to what i experienced last week. the CEL light was blinking while i was driving, idle was rough. When i got home i hooked upmy Actron obd ii scanner and it gave a trouble codeof p0304 "cylinder 4 misfire detected". I tried cleaning the plugs and then cleared the trouble code, but it came back. My brother, who works at a auto shop, suggested swapping the coils. Sure enough, i swapped the #3 and #4 coils, then the trouble code said "cylinder 3 misfire detected". I replaced the coil, cleared the codes, problem solved.

·
xcait45x
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your problem seems similar to what i experienced last week. the CEL light was blinking while i was driving, idle was rough. When i got home i hooked upmy Actron obd ii scanner and it gave a trouble codeof p0304 "cylinder 4 misfire detected". I tried cleaning the plugs and then cleared the trouble code, but it came back. My brother, who works at a auto shop, suggested swapping the coils. Sure enough, i swapped the #3 and #4 coils, then the trouble code said "cylinder 3 misfire detected". I replaced the coil, cleared the codes, problem solved.
If that was my issue would I get the cel? Or is it possible to need a replacement without it. I had new spark plugs put in by a friends brother but I'm not 100% confident of his job so I'm gonna check it out. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.