Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. hoping for some help. i installed after market xenon hids into my 2008 tsx after my factory ballast went out. after a month or so. the passenger side ballast went out. the whole ballast blew i put it on te driver side and it would not work. the fuse for the passenger light actually blew as well. i bought new ballasts and replaced the fuse and it worked for about a week then again....the fuse is blown and possibly the ballast. i'm not sure if there is a short. i bought a relay harness hopefully it helps? someone told me it should. but just wondering how do i check for a short and/or if i should just go back to the factory ballasts. looksl ike me being cheap and going with the ebay hids is biting me in the ass. appreciate the help guys.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys. hoping for some help. i installed after market xenon hids into my 2008 tsx after my factory ballast went out. after a month or so. the passenger side ballast went out. the whole ballast blew i put it on te driver side and it would not work. the fuse for the passenger light actually blew as well. i bought new ballasts and replaced the fuse and it worked for about a week then again....the fuse is blown and possibly the ballast. i'm not sure if there is a short. i bought a relay harness hopefully it helps? someone told me it should. but just wondering how do i check for a short and/or if i should just go back to the factory ballasts. looksl ike me being cheap and going with the ebay hids is biting me in the ass. appreciate the help guys.

Stop being cheap, save money for OEM HID or go here:
The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

You get what you pay for in this world

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Don't listen to him. You're going to pay out your ass for OEM HID's and $265 for an aftermarket kit isn't worth it... I think it was $300 for a bulb here in Canada or something ridiculous. You probably just need higher quality HID's or something's shorting your kit out.

Check out DDMTunning's HID kits. They're phenomenal. I've used them a few times for other cars and they're reputable. I'm sure people on this forum can vouch for their company as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't listen to him. You're going to pay out your ass for OEM HID's and $265 for an aftermarket kit isn't worth it... I think it was $300 for a bulb here in Canada or something ridiculous. You probably just need higher quality HID's or something's shorting your kit out.

Check out DDMTunning's HID kits. They're phenomenal. I've used them a few times for other cars and they're reputable. I'm sure people on this forum can vouch for their company as well.
You can't compare DDMTunning to trs, any HID expert knows this

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Yeah. DDMTunning is a lot better. One of my friends does retrofitting from there and when he got his set from "TRS" and apparently his came with an HID bulb cracked.

If you don't believe me. Believe everyone else that's on this forum... We're all just using what we've always used and it's been great. Their service as well as their product. Under $50. Can't go wrong.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/64964-best-hid-kits.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah. DDMTunning is a lot better. One of my friends does retrofitting from there and when he got his set from "TRS" and apparently his came with an HID bulb cracked.

If you don't believe me. Believe everyone else that's on this forum... We're all just using what we've always used and it's been great. Their service as well as their product. Under $50. Can't go wrong.
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/64964-best-hid-kits.html

Ok man, whatever you say lol

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Try out the DDM kit. Had the fog kit for a couple years now with no issue. Had DDM 6000k d2s bulbs for a year no problem.

Factory ballast went out due to too much condensation in the headlight, bought a DDM kit to replace both lows. Had to put a hole into the back of the headlight to run the wires to the bulb but it works and a LOT cheaper then one factory ballast. Not to mention I have an extra set of 6000k bulbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking at both places now thanks guys.

dumb question but how could i check to see if there is a short before i buy another ballast and potentially blow that one too??.

also im sure going from the original d2s bulbs and putting h11s in my tsx did not do anything good to the car? lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts