Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I lowered my car about a couple months ago and I've been giving some serious damage to my frame and front bumper. I was looking at lips to protect my investment but I cant seem to find any nice ones. Im not too old, only 17, so I afford anything EuroR for the most part. Unless you guys know some good replicas that run for a good price? I looked into eBay (like everyone with a controlled budget is forced to do) and I stumbled onto this

It looks terrible in the picture but after looking online im convinced my car will be able to make it look good.

Any suggestions would be helpful but please include pictures... Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lip isn't gonna save your frame...
Oh I'm sorry! What I meant to refer to was my OEM body. My side skirts have been getting eaten up and I'd rather damage a lip kit rather than the actual car. Im also convinced itll take a small part in protecting my tow hook in the front which can be considered frame? idk... lol.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
You don't look that low (like not on the ground at least). Are the roads bad? Are you not angling over speed bumps or going slowly up and down driveways? Your front and rear bumpers and side skirts are gunna take a beating, that just comes with lowering your car; you just gotta drive carefully and keep an eye out for potholes and big dips. If you're talking about the tow hook underneath your car in the front, a front lip won't protect that... Anyways, car looks good. I think you should just get a lip kit cuz it'll look better.

Also, at least for the OEM A-spec lip kit, MR is starting to get discontinued along with other colors that are less popular.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't look that low (like not on the ground at least). Are the roads bad? Are you not angling over speed bumps or going slowly up and down driveways? Your front and rear bumpers and side skirts are gunna take a beating, that just comes with lowering your car; you just gotta drive carefully and keep an eye out for potholes and big dips. If you're talking about the tow hook underneath your car in the front, a front lip won't protect that... Anyways, car looks good. I think you should just get a lip kit cuz it'll look better.

Also, at least for the OEM A-spec lip kit, MR is starting to get discontinued along with other colors that are less popular.
Well yea ofcourse, I want looks too probably just as much as anything else. No recommendations? pictures? :mecry:

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Just get the OEM A-spec kit or front lip if you can't get the entire kit. You'll just scrape a whole lot more though :dunno:

Who ever buys the A-spec VIS replica aka Type-R kit for $764 is a complete sucker. After shipping and paint you end up paying way more than the OEM pre-painted kit :rotz:
According to the thread below, its 840 shipped for the oem kit and comes with factory paint.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/65695-aspec-lip-kit-dealership.html

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
Just get the OEM A-spec kit or front lip if you can't get the entire kit. You'll just scrape a whole lot more :dunno:

Who ever buys the A-spec VIS replica aka Type-R kit for $764 is a complete sucker. After shipping and paint you end up paying way more than the OEM pre-painted kit :rotz:
According to the thread below, its 840 shipped for the oem kit and comes with factory paint.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-aerodynamics/65695-aspec-lip-kit-dealership.html
Haha this is true.

I think MR might be discontinued though. I know you can't get the A-spec lip kit in SSM from Curry anymore. :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
65 Posts
Some people are running STI lips to help protect front from getting scrapped up. On ebay for around $70. If money is type could be a good option.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
a lip kit isn't going to help your body much either. The aspec side skirts actually replace your OEM sideskirt. I would go the aspec route. It's the most affordable option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts