Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I wanted to lower the Tsx to where I wouldnt have any fender gap at all. I started on the front and did not mess with preload I just lowered the coilover by spinning the bottom.

The first problem is I dont think it dropped it enough in the front compared to most people lowered on BC+ unless they mess with preload. The first picture shows the lowest i can go up front without messing with the preload.

The second problem is when I started on the back the bottom red part of the struts wouldnt spin in any direction so I couldnt lower the back doing it this way and i did not want to mess with the preload. I bought these coilovers used and do not know if the previous owner messed with the preload. The second and third pic show the back coilover and if someone can help me out with what i need to do to get my damn stance right would be great.

Thanks

jjjjj.jpg picture by wareagle19o9 - Photobucket

jkljlk.jpg picture by wareagle19o9 - Photobucket

hkjhkj.jpg picture by wareagle19o9 - Photobucket

I still cant figure out how to upload pictures so sorry for the links.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts

use the IMG tag on the photobucket page. that's what you copy
and paste to this board.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to turn the body (NOT THE SPRINGS). You still have a lot to go.
I havent messed with the springs but the body wont turn. I even took the coilover out sprayed alittle wd40 and the thing still wont budge. Do I nneed to clamp the coilover down and force it cause the body of the fronts moved with ease.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
are they used?

You can look under the coilovers. There is a little hole you can look inside to see if you have enough space to turn. By the looks of the picture u have a lot to go.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are they used?

You can look under the coilovers. There is a little hole you can look inside to see if you have enough space to turn. By the looks of the picture u have a lot to go.
Yes sir they are used. I did not know that there was a viewing hole i will check that out. But i even had a friend hold the coilover with all his might and struck a screwdriver through the bottom hole and tried turning with all my might just to get a quarter turn.

·
Registered TSX Member
729 Posts
try cleaning the threads with a tooth brush & some paint thinner, take the bottom off of ea. coilover if u have to so u can clean the inside threads, it might jus be stuck with dirt /etc..

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
or unbolt the bottom of the coilover and only spin the bottom piece of the coilover that attaches to the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
by the looks of the marks on the upper rings, there may have been adjustments made to the spring load.

Try unwinding them until the springs are just captive.

·
Registered
244 Posts
are there to rings on the top and are they locked into eachother where someone turned the top in the other direction of the bottom one?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tekneek- Thats how i did it i unbolted the bottom and it wouldnt spin so i pulled out the
coilover because of the amount of room i needed and couldnt put enough force on it
and still didnt work.

hamburglar- im kinda thinking the same thing because the first pic shows the front as
low as it will go by just spinning the body housing. and the rear the springs are only a couple threads from being spun all the way to the top.

ton8383- not sure if i catch your drift but the two rings at the top are locked together

·
Registered
65 Posts
mine were stuck after the winter but not that bad...cleaning the thread and using wd40 loosened them right up. Are you just grabbing the thread and trying to twist it? You need use the adjustment tools that came with it and loosen the "nut" at the bottom of the thread before you try turning. Looks like it's nice and tight in the picture.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine were stuck after the winter but not that bad...cleaning the thread and using wd40 loosened them right up. Are you just grabbing the thread and trying to twist it? You need use the adjustment tools that came with it and loosen the "nut" at the bottom of the thread before you try turning. Looks like it's nice and tight in the picture.
yea i loosen that nut and still had to take the bolt out the bottom. that didnt work so pulled the whole thing out and tried with muscle but that still didnt work

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So im out here right now with both coilovers off and these things are seized up beyond crazy. I still cant get the bottom body to spin up or down for that matter. My car looks like a see saw at the moment. Any more comments on how to solve this would be amazing

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok well after thinking the bottom was seized i am now thinking the previous owner of these fabulous coilovers adjusted the preload on the springs. from what i have read the spring should be barely be compressed. well the springs on these were compressed almost three inches.so i brought the springs back to the appropriate spring load i think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yes, from the amount of thread showing, seems like you have too much preload, they recommend something like a 200mm spring lenght front and 240 mm for the rear, since you have the out you can adjust the preload, once its set up properly, you should be able to adjust the car height by loosening the bottom red lock nut and turning the gold color threads on the shock body by hand.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea problem solved. Guess that's my fault for buying used suspension parts but they still ride amazing. Finally satisfied with my stance just need to get a slight pull in the front and a roll in the back

1 - 20 of 21 Posts