Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased Buddy Club N+ Coilover and installed it on my accord euro cl9 (right hand drive)

my questions:

1. Do you need to install the 'washers' that is provided for the rear buddy club n+ coilover? coz mine could not fit - so the mechanic did not install it.

2. My passenger side sits higher than the driver side - why is that?
passenger front is 1.5-2.3cm higher and the rear passenger is 1-1.8cm higher. approx.

i have measured the spring and grove accordingly and also measured the car from the centre hub to the fender.. (during oem spec and installed bc n+)

- front spring: 20cm front grove 12cm
- rear spring: 24cm rear grove 12cm

3. Im hearing a thumping noise or something loose on the rear - but can't seem to isolate where it is.. this happened after the coil over installation. any ideas?

4. The mechanic that installed my ingalls camber kit and took off the endlink (moog) - do you think thats what cause the height variations due to sway bar & end link was not properly realign?

any help would be awesome! thanks heaps...
ps. i have searched everywhere but could not find a proper solution. I hope you guys could help a brother out :)

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
Hi,

I have accord euro with N+ and never encountered any issues. I fitted myself and had no problems at all with items not fitting. I also had no items left over after I fitted them either.

I would get someone to have a look at it and get a second opinion. Alternatively you could remove the coils and re-install them yourself if you are mechanically minded. If you can construct IKEA furniture you can install car parts. Double/triple check everything while you are doing it

Your story is one of the main reasons why I don't trust anyone but myself to install parts on my car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey phorist,

So u manage to install the washer too for the rear coilover?
do u happen to have any pictures? thanks heaps

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
I don't know what washer you are talking about.

if you are talking about the rubber seal that sits on the top hat around the shock adjustment knob then yes I did install it with this.

I have no pictures unfortunately...

these are the only ones I have of the suspension install

can you show us an image of the washer that you are talking about?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what I mean by washer is for the rear coilover - the washer that cover the bushing.. see pics below :)

bushing sample in red - mine was black colour and not bulging out but rather insude the metal housing.

here is the sample of the actual coilover. notice the rear coilover the bushing is covered by the washer

see the washer tied up with a cable tie.. (on the bottom)
ps. I copy ur pics as a guide :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

btw how do u adjust/tighten the shock adjustment knob - not the damper knob. it seems that - it kept on spinning and spinning.. im scared im might break it... I read that this will fix the thumping/loose noise.

thanks heaps for your help bro..much appreciated :)

ps. nice car u got there! saw ur build thread:D

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
yeah I removed the metal covers... assumed that they were there to protect the bushing.

to adjust your spring height see this article

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/36475-adjusting-ride-height-coilovers.html

Whatever you do don't touch the nut that is in contact with the spring. Adjusting this will mess with your factory pre-load and can cause issues if you don't know 100% what you are doing.

To balance out the height I used a spirit level on the front/rear/sides of the car to get it level once I had set the height on one of the corners. It was a bit of messing around with wheels on and off but I got it to sit right after about 1 hour.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thx for the info bro... will try it out hopefully, it will fix some of the issues :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts