Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have an 05 and all the lowering kits lower way more in the front than they do in the rear... is there a reason for that? im trying to even out my ride and i feel like all these lowering springs will give me that RAKE look. any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah my Tein H-Tech springs have dropped the car slightly lower at the front (possibly due to the weight of engine) but I don't mind the raked look. The eibach pro kit does the reverse and drops the rear slightly more than the front. One way to get a level stance is to install koni yellow height adjustable shocks and this enables you to set the rear shocks a lower height than the front or vice versa. Others have done this with the tein springs with success.

Coil Overs will also allow you to adjust front and rear height to your content.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just intalled koni yellows with Tein H.Tech springs... and it's nice. it's just little drop, but in the front, it's noticeable. Before, I was able to put 4 fingers between the tire and the fender. Now it's barely 2... in the back, it's just a slight drop, and the wheel gap is now just little more than 2 fingers.

The ride is still smooth... even when I adjust the koni's (you can adjust them from smooth to firm in 5 minutes, easy) to be firmer, it's still good. oh yeah, it's more fun to drive!

if you want to go lower (depends where you live and the tires you have), go with Eibach pro kit with Koni yellows, and put the springs to the lowest perch on the koni's in the front. it will give you 0,5'' lower. I cannot do that... I live in Montreal and I have 225/40ZR18 tires/wheels. even with the H.Tech installed at the lowest perch on the koni's, I had rubbing issues in the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts