Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

For the last couple of days, I have been looking for solutions to lowering my Accord. I was first thinking about just changing out the springs and lower it ~1,5" but after further research, it seems like the shocks will go bad in no time. My car got 130k miles on it and has not had any suspension work done to it from what I know. There is no second-hand market at all in Sweden for coilovers, so I can't go that route either.

I'm now leaning towards "Ebay coilovers" for ~300$. But then I will also need some sort of a camber kit, which almost seems more expensive than the actual coilovers. The cheapest camber kit I've seen are these https://www.carid.com/spec-d/front-and-rear-camber-kit-mpn-cam-2acd03.html but I don't even know what those parts are called and where they sit on the car. Also, everything is quite expensive for me since the SEK is so weak against the $, I also most likely need to pay a 20% import tax on top of that.

What would you guys do if you were in my position?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I was contemplating about lowering my 08, I was looking at the Tein coilovers. I believe they are made in Japan or USA, so should be good quality. The entry level Teins were about $500-$600 shipped, USD. If you can get that deal shipped to Sweden, that may be an option. You shouldn't need a camber kit, unless you have larger diameter wheels than stock. You'll also need to reuse the OEM top hats. The 1.5" drop should be ok for stock rims. I opted not to lower my TSX, but these were the coilovers I was looking at. I don't recall the drop value, but it wasn't anything drastic. Perhaps 1.5 inches max.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I also just recently installed my "budget" suspension which ended up being Tein FlexZ coilovers. I paid ~$750 shipped. I went this route because they provide improved handling, adjustable height and damping, and came fully assembled out of the box... No spring compressor needed and no reusing old top hats. I have not gotten an alignment yet but plan to do so soon, although car is driving straight I can see that the rear wheels have too much negative camber and probably a little toe in. I do have SPC adjustable camber arms in the back so hopefully I don't need any major adjustments in the front. If so I'm probably just going to raise the ride height a little until front can land somewhere near spec.

I definitely wouldn't recommend installing springs on old OEM dampers, or Chinese FleaBay coilovers. I wouldn't expect either to last very long.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I was contemplating about lowering my 08, I was looking at the Tein coilovers. I believe they are made in Japan or USA, so should be good quality. The entry level Teins were about $500-$600 shipped, USD. If you can get that deal shipped to Sweden, that may be an option. You shouldn't need a camber kit, unless you have larger diameter wheels than stock. You'll also need to reuse the OEM top hats. The 1.5" drop should be ok for stock rims. I opted not to lower my TSX, but these were the coilovers I was looking at. I don't recall the drop value, but it wasn't anything drastic. Perhaps 1.5 inches max.
Thanks that is some very helpful information, the ebay coilovers I've been looking at are only 215$ including shipping so I don't really have much to lose as I always can change back to stock. I have the 16" stock rims on the car atm.

From what I've read tho most people recommend using a camber kit, especially when the coilovers are not adjustable like in my case. Question is if it's worth to spend so little on this camber kit https://www.carid.com/spec-d/front-and-rear-camber-kit-mpn-cam-2acd03.html?singleid=95648706&url=13864423 or if I'm better of just keeping it stock.

I also just recently installed my "budget" suspension which ended up being Tein FlexZ coilovers. I paid ~$750 shipped. I went this route because they provide improved handling, adjustable height and damping, and came fully assembled out of the box... No spring compressor needed and no reusing old top hats. I have not gotten an alignment yet but plan to do so soon, although car is driving straight I can see that the rear wheels have too much negative camber and probably a little toe in. I do have SPC adjustable camber arms in the back so hopefully I don't need any major adjustments in the front. If so I'm probably just going to raise the ride height a little until front can land somewhere near spec.

I definitely wouldn't recommend installing springs on old OEM dampers, or Chinese FleaBay coilovers. I wouldn't expect either to last very long.
How much did you pay for your camber arms? The kit im looking at seems very cheap, (150$) I feel like It may be so shit that im better of just keeping it stock.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much did you pay for your camber arms? The kit im looking at seems very cheap, (150$) I feel like It may be so shit that im better of just keeping it stock.
I picked mine up used from FleaBay several years ago. Can't recall what I paid but they're ~$80 each new. Looking at kseriespart there appears to be cheaper althernatives now. Godspeed sells a pair for $84.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked mine up used from FleaBay several years ago. Can't recall what I paid but they're ~$80 each new. Looking at kseriespart there appears to be cheaper althernatives now. Godspeed sells a pair for $84.
Were the ones you bought also only 2 pieces? The ones on carid are 4 pieces at the back,do you know if there are any big disadvantages going with the 80$ ones except that i wont be able to adjust the front wheels at all? Seems like the most of the negative camber will be at the back for some reason i dont know about. Looking to drop 2"front and ~1,2"in the back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts