Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what you guys paid to have your lowering springs installed at a shop for. Im thinking about getting the Eibach sportline springs 1.9/1.6. Also just wondering if anyone has these springs and how you like them. Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Anyone wanna chime in on this? Uncharted territory for me....

Bueller?? Bueller?? :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
<--is hooked up at AutoWave :thumbsup:
So I really couldn't tell you :donno:
Joker - who can call tomorrow, and see what they charge

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i could always call around just wondering if you guys had any experience with em first. Dont go through the trouble i can do it myself thanks anways. but do you guys know if it will void the factory waranty???

G

·
hi, dont go for the eibach sportline springs, as it is too soft for the car, i had installed it for about two weeks and the ride is too soft.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hock said:
hi, dont go for the eibach sportline springs, as it is too soft for the car, i had installed it for about two weeks and the ride is too soft.
Welcome, Hock! Good info.

But.....I want to ask a sort of ironic question -- I'm wondering if that might actually be GOOD for someone like me.

One of my little complaints about the TSX (stock) is how hard it takes bad bumps and rough road. Do those springs soften those bumps?

And, with those springs, is the ride too soft even compared to stock, or do you mean just compared to what you hoped for?
And does the handling suffer?

G

·
Hi its me again, with the eibach spring, the ride is softer as compare to the stock. it definately soften those bumps and on rough road, but the handling does suffer on hard corners and the ride is rather unstable on uneven road.

Hope that the information it helpful, the car look alot nicer with the drop though.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hock said:
Hi its me again, with the eibach spring, the ride is softer as compare to the stock. it definately soften those bumps and on rough road, but the handling does suffer on hard corners and the ride is rather unstable on uneven road.

Hope that the information it helpful, the car look alot nicer with the drop though.
Yes, very helpful -- thanks for the reply -- great specific breakdown.

Sounds like this would hardly be good for anybody. :donno:

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
I'm wondering if that might actually be GOOD for someone like me.
I doubt it. Not if you want a softer ride. If you want a softer ride something to consider is that the 17" wheels with low-profile tires and their consequently short sidewalls aren't really compatible with a soft ride. There is generally an inverse correlation between ride and handling. If you're really bothered by the ride you might want to trade for an Accord EX-L V6 which has 16" wheels, taller, narrower tires, softer springs and struts and no strut tower brace, like the TSX has. I kinda like a firm ride, unless I hit a pothole!

BTW, on one of my rare excursions onto LI, I drove up to Belmont for the "BMW Ultimate Driving Experience" on Sunday. IMO, LI roads are in far, far worse shape than NJ roads, something I didn't even think was possible. What does NY do with all the tax and toll money they collect? It sure ain't used to fill the potholes!

·
Registered
105 Posts
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!! New York roads are soo bad it's such a shame. WHen i had 19 inch rims on my car with 225/35/19 tires on them... i would almost get a headache trying to drive on the roads. Where is all tax money going????

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Well, for a few weeks in May and June, around here it seemed they did nothing BUT fill potholes. You couldn't drive anywhere.

I'm talking about the Hutchinson Parkway, the Cross County, the Saw Mill, and the West Side Highway. Each time you got past one crew, there was the next.

Gotta be because of the horrible winter we had.

And no, I wouldn't sacrifice any handling for a somewhat better ride on the TSX.
Still looking for a somewhat better ride without sacrificing anything.

Larchmont, who says that's how most people feel about taxes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts