Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to know which set of springs can be use to lower the tsx to the max without blowing the shocks

and how low can the shocks go without breaking it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
i would say the A-spec.... but it only drops 1' around.........and it's kinda expensive

·
Registered
180 Posts
A-spec springs cannot be bought w/o the A-spec shocks and upper mounts.

If you are looking for springs that will give modest lowering and not blow the stock shocks, I would suggest the older Comptech 110-155 springs. These lower about 1" all around and have spring rates that are just a bit stiffer than stock up front and a bit softer than stock in the rear. Consequently, they won't wear out the stock shocks as quickly as say a set of Eibach pro-kit or Neuspeed springs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I JUST got H&R Sport springs ... lowered my car rougly 1.5" all around - it really doesn't look drastic at all and the ride is great (IMO). Certainly stiffer, but also comfortable.

The litmus test? My wife - she didn't notice a difference in ride quality!

I can't tell you how long your stock struts will last, but with a moderate change in ride hight, I'm will to bet (and I did) that they'll last a good long while.

In any event, ... A-spec quote for me was $1400.00 CAN installed. I got H&R's installed for $450 CAN.

ALSO - you could look at the H&R OE springs ... lowers less than one inch.

Here are some "not so great" post-lowering pics:PWP TSX w/ H&R's
Another
One more

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Eibach Sportsline?? Eibach is one of the more popular and relaible on OEM shocks~ I got the Prokit too~

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i m afraid the sportline will blow the shocks and the prokit is not low enough

edit: my friend suggested me to use tein S.tech spring???
can anyone tell me how are those springs??

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
I'm pretty sure Eibach Sportline will blow the oem struts as they did in 4 months on my 2000 Accord. IMO, I'd get aftermarket struts like Koni with any lowering spring whether it be Comptech, ProKit or H&R. Personally though I'd go wit a spring/strut combo or true coilover like the A-Spec, Teins, Buddy Club or Tanabe Sustec.

·
Registered
180 Posts
COKE,

Since you want to be lower than Pro-kits, there really are no springs you can get which can be paired with the stock shocks and maintain longevity. The best solution is to go w/ something like the Tein Basic coilovers which will give you about 2" lowering with a properly matched set of shocks at a cost of about $700.

If you really want to be save money, go with the Eibach Sport-System which includes their Sportline lowering springs plus Eibach dampers tuned for those springs at a cost of $433. This is the cheapest way to lower your car properly.

You can go with only the Sportline springs, but you'll waste money in the long run as you will blow your stock shocks and have to buy new shocks anyway. Might as well just get the Eibach Pro-system for $433 now and save yourself the added hassle of having to re-do the installation when your stock shocks blow out.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
AlterZgo said:
COKE,

Since you want to be lower than Pro-kits, there really are no springs you can get which can be paired with the stock shocks and maintain longevity. The best solution is to go w/ something like the Tein Basic coilovers which will give you about 2" lowering with a properly matched set of shocks at a cost of about $700.

If you really want to be save money, go with the Eibach Sport-System which includes their Sportline lowering springs plus Eibach dampers tuned for those springs at a cost of $433. This is the cheapest way to lower your car properly.

You can go with only the Sportline springs, but you'll waste money in the long run as you will blow your stock shocks and have to buy new shocks anyway. Might as well just get the Eibach Pro-system for $433 now and save yourself the added hassle of having to re-do the installation when your stock shocks blow out.
the man is right!!! i must say... there is alil trick to do.... it isn't the "right" way to do it but it will work....

once you install the kit you would let your car sit for a month or so... if this is your daily driver you have to let your car sit as much as possible.... just like as if you weren't driving it.....

and when you do drive it drive very very VERY carefully.... this basically is letting your stock shocks to adjust to your new springs and since our car is still fairly new it's a lil easier to do...

i think i have said enough if you need or want to hear me ramble more feel free to ask the question...

if you want to buy the item let me know... i will pm you....

wiL

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Coke,

These guys are gonna tell you its okay to run comptechs, Ebach, whatever on the Stock struts, and in some cases there absolutly right, However your best deal is buying the springs w/ new struts, its safer for the car, will perform and ride better too... Its more worth it in the Long Run to just save up your money and do it the right way the first time around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts