Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

What do you know about the LSD and VSA on this car - are they capable to work together or does the VSA need to be OFF?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just have to say, they should have come with an LSD...

First for the traction, second, if your VSA goes on, it means you are really understeering, not only applying a little too much gas so only the inner wheel spins.

In better terms, it works very well if not better with an LSD.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I understand that but what I would like to know how good they work together if they are , or are they interfering one with the other?
Does LSD work with VSA ON or will be useless until you switch the VSA OFF ?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
VSA has no idea what is inside the motor trans, or anything. All it knows is VSS, and each wheel speed. It uses algorithms to calculate slip rates and adjust brake pressure, engine power etc to get the best control of the car. Having an open dif actually hurts the VSA system because it needs to compensate with more braking rather than gas. With a LSD the power goes to both wheels so VSA can get a better grasp on the car.

Either way that button should be off if your on the track ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
VSA has no idea what is inside the motor trans, or anything. All it knows is VSS, and each wheel speed. It uses algorithms to calculate slip rates and adjust brake pressure, engine power etc to get the best control of the car. Having an open dif actually hurts the VSA system because it needs to compensate with more braking rather than gas. With a LSD the power goes to both wheels so VSA can get a better grasp on the car.

Either way that button should be off if your on the track ;)
:+1: Yeah that; even on the track I think you can get pretty good results with your VSA & LSD (road racing not drag racing) just because you need to be a little smoother in your curves but on a tight track with oversteer (RSB needed) I totally agree.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'm not doing tracks, I was asking from a street point of view only.

So is the VSA on Civic Si programmed different than TSX (CIvic SI having factory LSD) , what do you think ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks guys, I'm not doing tracks, I was asking from a street point of view only.

So is the VSA on Civic Si programmed different than TSX (CIvic SI having factory LSD) , what do you think ?
I think I read somewhere, cannot confirm now, that the VSA (at least on 07-08 models) was somehow learning the driver and readjust itself.

So, if you are not turning your steering 180° and slam the gas, you should not experience bad situation or incriminating that your VSA does improper action...

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts

If you compare all 06-08 acuras and hondas they all generally use the same VSA and ABS systems. A few might be different but for the most part there the same.

:+1: Yeah that; even on the track I think you can get pretty good results with your VSA & LSD (road racing not drag racing) just because you need to be a little smoother in your curves but on a tight track with oversteer (RSB needed) I totally agree.
Any OEM assists will rob lap times (unless its a GTR, ferrari, lambo etc something made for racing). If its was built to be a street car the VSA system was meant to work on the street, not necessarily the track.

EDIT: Main reason main cars have a "race mode" or on the M series "m-mode"

·
Registered
264 Posts
Right, but in case of a stock suspension like mine, having it ON still let me slide a little (understeer) before it acts so, I do not think I will get any faster anyway. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts