Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, great site and forum. Lot's of useful info here.

I'm in McHenry, IL. Very close to WI.

I am tired of the SUV world (have a Jeep Cherokee). Wouldn't you know, a co-worker of mine just got his TSX and I instantly fell in love (don't tell my wife).

I did all my test driving already, played with all the buttons and controls (love the navi, can't wait to hack it).

I also found out through this forum not to waste my $ on the stock MP3 ($400 in the pocket). I'll go with the Alpine changer instead.

Enough of exctiment...here is the deal.

I went to Edmunds.com (who doesn't) and used them to send out the quote requests from a couple of dealers. I will be getting some info soon.

Would you say getting about $1200 to $1800 below MSRP is considered a good deal? From what I read here on the forums it seams to be the average. I understand different regions will have different pricing and what not.

I gotta tell you that rule #2 Don't be in a hurry is a hard one to follow... :)

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Out of all the dealers the one that had the best internet price was $27799.00 plus all applicable taxes and fees. This is for the automatic TSX with navi. From the Edmunds.com research it looks to be just $649 over invoice price.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
From my experience Chicagoland dealers tend to charge a lot or try to get you to add on things such as an extended warranty. I bought my TSX back in May 2003 and I got a better deal for the car in Kansas than when I lived in Aurora, Illinois. I visited Woodfield, both McGraths, and Rizza...they wouldn't negotiate on price, if I remember correctly Rizza tried to sell me the TSX for close to $29k (6MT, non-nav, spoiler). Also, they didn't have the colors I wanted Carbon Gray or Arctic Blue Pearl.

I got my TSX from Superior Acura in Kansas for $26,500 w/ spoiler, mudguards, wheel locks, and trunk tray.

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to visit the Woodfield one today. Wish me luck...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
27.8K is a "OK", about average.
Better if they throw in some accessories like All-weather mats and trunk tray.
(dont even mention wheel-locks - they should always be thrown-in)
Good louck with the shopping.

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Waiting on the car (they said about 3 days, hope it's sooner).

Arctic Blue Perl/Ebony, navi, for 27.8k with rear spoiler and the stuff you mentioned (mats, tray, locks).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where did you get it at? Auto or manual? I'm looking for one where ever you got that price at! My best quote for a manual with navi was $28,900.

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1. Muller's Woodfield Acura.
2. Auto.

First finance guy was horrible..the second one actually worked with us on the price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tobad,

Thanks for the lead!!! Do you remember their names? The sales guy and finance guy?

The guy who emailed me a quote from Mullers is Rob Manchester. He quoted me $26,800, 6-spd, no navi.

The guys at Ed Napleton, Elmhurst, were worse than my last two experiences at Chevy. I thought that premium car dealers operated differently!

First he wouldn't agree to the quote he gave me on the phone, $26,900. They wanted my credit card number to put $1,000 on a car they didn't even have on the lot, non-refundable of course. When I called back yesterday to let them know I was going to look for another quote, they laughed at me over the phone. Really glad I got out of there.

Can I use you as a reference at Mullers? You can e-mail me your first name if you like.

Thanks, George.

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The sales guys name was Mike Zakora. Finance guys name was Nick. Tall, no hair, with glasses. Seemed like a very down to earth guy. I hope they treat you well. I believe Mike was supposed to be off today.

My first name is Paul.

Good luck!

P.S Make sure you post your experience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Tobad!!!

I'll be calling him this afternoon and I'll tell him you sent me to Muller's, by way of meeting you in the office... or something like that!

tsxclub.com ROCKS!!!!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Tobad said:
Waiting on the car (they said about 3 days, hope it's sooner).

Arctic Blue Perl/Ebony, navi, for 27.8k with rear spoiler and the stuff you mentioned (mats, tray, locks).
Great color choice and great deal! Congrats!:thumbsup:

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update.

They could not get the Arctic Blue with navi for 4 to 5 weeks :(. No biggie...I'm going with the Satin Silver/Quartz instead. Should be ready tomorrow...will post when done.

·
ChicagoGamer
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh...what a beautiful car it is. All done with the deal. Car is in the garage :). I can see how driving can be fun again.

Getting a hang of the XM features and just finished with my rolling code remote and the Home Link buttons.

The spoiler really puts a nice finishing touch on the car. Long story short...I'm officialy an Acura owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts