Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys so I've decided to buy the lip. Since it comes unpainted though, I would like some advice from you guys. Is it easy to find a place where I can paint match the lip exactly carbon grey pearl? (with like the hint of sparkle in the oem paint) and approximately how much do you guys think it will cost(searching over google, people say $150-200. Does it really cost THAT much to paint this little lip)? I have no idea about this stuff haha.

Thanks! (I live in the bay area btw if that helps)

· Registered
134 Posts
i like that one. def bigger than the typical m3 style. more flare. i just wonder how the actual fitment is. can you post a pic when it comes in? i wanna make sure its not really short in length and actually stretches the span of the trunk.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've called several places like Maaco and some nearby auto paint shops, and all their quotes are $200-250!...I definitely cannot afford those prices. Whats an alternative way I can can paint this lip without making it look completely off compared to the rest of my car body? (have the shine also).

Will these spray paints work?
Spray Paint | Aerosol Touch Up | AutomotiveTouchup | 888-710-5192

The poster on ebay say's use flex paint only, so I have no idea if I need something like a flex primer or something. Any advice/experience is appreciated!

· Premium Member
857 Posts
Primer paint and clear coat. It'll be hard to match your color. Any pearl color is hard in general. You can try... If I were you. I'd just stick with the prepainted ebay ones. They match pretty well and I've had no problems with mine.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So my lip finally came in today. Can't wait to paint and put it on tomorrow. Are all lip spoilers supposed to be flexible plastic though? Because this one is. But it is still kind of hard to bend it to the right shape of the trunk. And advice how I can get it to be set at the right shape before I paint it so when I actually put it on, I don't have to try to force it into shape?

Thanks. I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get it on :)

· Registered
134 Posts
just paint before install. then have a friend help contour the lip to the trunk. even painted it flexs easily to the trunks contour and doesnt damage the paint. but i def recomend a partner for this. it is possible for a solo person but way easier and probably better outcome with a extra set of eyes.

· Registered
134 Posts
also i found it easier to apply almost like a sticker. place it in the starting corner and slowly peel away the tape from out the bottom while walking and following the contour. bc if you do remove the tape all at once, if it touches the trunk it actually sticks stong and could be a pain to lift off.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After installing the lip today, I put some masking tape on the sides to secure it. However, the tape scarred my lip. I believe it's because the clear coat hasn't fully cured yet. It is like the tape residue melted into the clear coat, creating a rough texture on it. I tried alcohol but that isn't working at all. Any ways how I can fix this? ;x I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.

· Registered
1,021 Posts
After installing the lip today, I put some masking tape on the sides to secure it. However, the tape scarred my lip. I believe it's because the clear coat hasn't fully cured yet. It is like the tape residue melted into the clear coat, creating a rough texture on it. I tried alcohol but that isn't working at all. Any ways how I can fix this? ;x I will try to post a picture of it tomorrow.
Rubbing compound might do the trick!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.