Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just spoke with the service manager at our Acura dealer, and he told me the service indicator light comes on every second time you have to take the TSK in for oil change. In Canada the maintenance interval for TSK is every 8km, but the service indicator only comes on every 16km (not sure what the equivalent is in miles).

Does anyone know why the service indicator was built this way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My guess is that there are two maintenance tables, severe and normal. Most of the U.S. would probably fall under normal while us Canadians fall under the severe maintenance service table...SO...Honda just standardized the computer for North American vehicles.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
what you already got the new 2006 TSK model !?

:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YOu are absolutely right Chris. I looked in the manual more carefully, and the indicator is programmed according to the normal maintenance schedule with oil changes every 16k. But the manual says Canadians should follow sever maintenance schedule which has oil changes every 8k.

You'd think the dealers would take the time to explain that to you, to make sure you don't wait for the indicator to take the car in.

:donno:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Of course, then there's people like me, who does oil changes every 3,500 miles (~5,600 km). :)

But then again, I either do very short drives, or very long drives.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
does anyone kno how to reset the Maintenance Indicator ?
i tried the reset buttom but no luck .. ~~ i do the oil change myself so .. ~

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Andynolife said:
does anyone kno how to reset the Maintenance Indicator ?
i tried the reset buttom but no luck .. ~~ i do the oil change myself so .. ~
Read the manual. It tells you how in there.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts