Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really confused, my maintenance indicator light comes up every 16k. Is this normal? Shouldn't TSX be serviced every 8k or 16k?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
>> Shouldn't TSX be serviced every 8k or 16k?

I think so. The info is in the owner manual.
I got 8700 now and its been blinking since 8K....gonna turn it off tonight, maybe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have clarified, I meant 8000 km (not miles). Why is my indicator coming on at 16000 km's then?... :slant:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I think it came on 16000 because it's double of 8000? Every 8k u need to check, so it's like, 8k, 16k, 24k and so on......

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
i guess dat maintenance light should appear every 24K or 32K

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason I asked was because I took the car in for the 32k service, I was assuming it was going to be free, since the first two services were supposed to be free. They charged me $200 saying that this is the fourth service, not the second. Yet, I've only changed the oil once before, at 16k, so this is my second time. I only took it in at 16k because the sales guy who sold me the car said service intervals are every 16k, and my indicator seemed to confirm it by coming on at 16 (not 8). So I thought 32k is the second time you're supposed to take the car in for service.

This is creepy...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay guys, I just spoke with the service manager at Camco Acura here in Ottawa. Apparently, the oil changes are supposed to be every 8k, but the indicator light only comes on every 16k... !!

WTF?!....

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
I believe 16k is the semi-major service. Inpection of other fluids, brake... etc will be done at 16k. I believe they won't check ur coolant at 8k. U can find that schedule in ur owner manual or even on the web. I think it is service type A to D (or 1 to 4).

my service interval:
every 5k:
oil change, inspect all fluid and its level, check brake.
10k:
rotate wheels, clean air filter.
20k:
tranny fluild change, coolant change (if needed, usually change at 40k), check PCV valve, the mircron filter (whatever that calls).
40k:
change brake fluid, lub bushing....

don't know if I miss anything, but u get an idea.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I don't want to sounds like a jerk but hey man, check your user manual, it tells you when your maintance light will comes up. Good luck.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
shit i'm over due for a Type C maintenance, i got over 33,000 km on my car
lets see what i have to do..

-replace engine oil and filter (hmm agip or elf???)
-service front and rear brakes (done)
-Rotate tires inspect for wear and adjust pressure (done)
-lubricate all hinges, locks and latches with multi purpose grease.(i really doubt they'll do that)
-Inspect tie tie rod ends, steering gears box and boots.
-Inspect suspension componentes
-Inspect driveshaft boots
-Inspect Parking brake adjustment (using handbrake slides too much...)
-Inspect brake hose and lines, including ABS
-check all fluid levels, condition of fluid and check for leaks. (hmm, seems like i melted my oil cap, and my rad is over flowed)
-inspect exhaust system (still working on that)
-inspect fuel lines and connections
-check all lights (blah)
-inspect the underbody. (panneling)

I wonder what place can really do all this and not just BS like acura and say they do it

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
I bet they are not going to do these:

-lubricate all hinges, locks and latches with multi purpose grease.(only dealer I saw doing that is the Honda on Hasting near willington)
-Inspect tie tie rod ends, steering gears box and boots.
-Inspect suspension componentes
-Inspect driveshaft boots
-Inspect Parking brake adjustment
-Inspect brake hose and lines, including ABS
-check condition of fluid and check for leaks-inspect exhaust system-inspect fuel lines and connections
-check all lights
-inspect the underbody

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SPoon, I took your advice and checked my manual. They say the indicator comes on every time you need to take the car in based on Normal Maintenance Schedule, which has oil changes every 16k.

However, in the same manual it says: Canadian drivers should use the Severe Maintenance Schedule, which has oil changes every 8k.

Therefore, for us Canadians the indicator comes on every 16k, but we need to take the car in every 8k.

:donno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts