Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I didn't bother resetting my maintenance light for the longest time due to being lazy. Now my maintenance light is on solid so I attempted to reset it by doing what the manual says. Turn off engine. Hold select/reset. Put car in on position. Let go after 10-15 seconds. Still won't go away. Any help guys?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Jeff
902 Posts
You get int the car
close the door
step on the brake and hold it
then turn the key in the ignition to the one right before start i think II
then hold down the trip reset button.

Taken from another thread

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
What he said, or
Fwd, Down, Fwd, Y, X, B, A, Left, UP, Down, R. You should hear the Mortal Kombat evil laugh :)

Reactions: 0_creativity

·
Registered
198 Posts
??? Really you guys do all that?
I just flip the maintenance nagger over with the reset/select button until I get to the service minder. Hold down the button until I get the menu, click over to reset, click select button. Carry on.

Might be the info button first, then reset button, but ya.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
??? Really you guys do all that?
I just flip the maintenance nagger over with the reset/select button until I get to the service minder. Hold down the button until I get the menu, click over to reset, click select button. Carry on.

Might be the info button first, then reset button, but ya.
This is what I do, but we have 06 with the a diff MID

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You get int the car
close the door
step on the brake and hold it
then turn the key in the ignition to the one right before start i think II
then hold down the trip reset button.

Taken from another thread
Yeah for some reason that doesn't work. Il do all that then the temperature will start counting up and down but the maintenance required light will still be on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah for some reason that doesn't work. Il do all that then the temperature will start counting up and down but the maintenance required light will still be on.

Keep tryin, I had the same issue with mine. You just have to be very precise with timing. So count it out loud, like "one, one thousand" etc.

Trust me it took me like 30 minutes to get it to turn off, constantly trying and retrying until I got the timing right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are the steps listed on Oil light reset, maintenance light reset and service light reset for 32 major manufacturers.. If I remember correctly, these instructions line up with the instructions in the owner's manual. I had to do this a few days ago, and although it took me several tries, it did work. Good luck.

1. Press and hold the TRIP/RESET button and turn ignition to (II) - do not start the engine.
2. Continue to hold the TRIP/RESET button for 10 seconds until light resets.
3. Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
- See more at: Oil light reset, maintenance light reset and service light reset for 32 major manufacturers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Keep tryin, I had the same issue with mine. You just have to be very precise with timing. So count it out loud, like "one, one thousand" etc.

Trust me it took me like 30 minutes to get it to turn off, constantly trying and retrying until I got the timing right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks, this fixed my problem - I hadn't been able to get rid of that light but once I knew it had to be so precise, I got rid of it first try in my 2004 tsx! thx!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.