Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue I just went through. I have had a pull left on my 04 TSX since I bought it. The pull has recently gotten worse so I have taken it to the dealer to get an alignment. Following 3 trips to the dealer and 3 seperate four wheel alignments the car was still pulling to the left (if not worse that when I started this process).

We then tried rotating tires from back to front then from side to side with no help resulting (thinking that there was a bad tire).

A call was then made to Acura engineering and the dealer was told to adjust the front subframe in order to properly center the camber. So far this seems to have fixed the issue. I am concerned that a car with only 5000 miles needs an adjustment like this (actually has needed it since 0 miles).

Has anyone else experienced issues with pulling or have any experience in adjusting the subframe?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
none here either....

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
My '05 was pulling right, and I brought it in twice to the dealer to have 4-wheel alignments performed, as well as a steering wheel centering. So far, it looks like it might have been taken care of after the 2nd attempt. I'll keep you posted . . .

BTW - my car has 2500 miles on it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes. My *05* has the same exact problem. It was caused by out of spec alignment in the rear. Unfortunately, there is no alignment adjustment in the rear. Mine was at something like -2.1 degrees on the right and -1.0 on the left.

As you mentioned and, as Lanny had done to his car, you can adjust the subframe to even out the left and right side camber to at least make the camber equal on both sides. My dealer says that they tried it on my car, but also said that Acura's tech dept advised them not to do it too much? In any case, my car still pulls slightly to the left. Despite knowing this problem for over a year, Acura still has no official fix. I don't care too much about the issue as I plan on lowering my car and adding rear camber adjustment kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts