Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my TSX two days ago. I love this car. I have never driven a manual with 6 gears before though. I had trouble at first getting my car into 6th gear because it is not straight down from 5th, instead it's down and slightly to the right. Is it normal for 6th gear to be in this location on the shifter?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Congrads!! on the new car can you take some pics for us. Also post some specs of what you bought thx!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
JDMTSX_04 said:
I just received my TSX two days ago. I love this car. I have never driven a manual with 6 gears before though. I had trouble at first getting my car into 6th gear because it is not straight down from 5th, instead it's down and slightly to the right. Is it normal for 6th gear to be in this location on the shifter?
I have the 6-speed and after reading your post verified that 6th is straight down below 5th. Not sure what you are experiencing, perhaps you could return to the dealer and ask to see another 6-speed and compare?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, it is quite easy for even an advanced driver to shift to fourth from fifth as the shifter sits neutrally above it.

When I shift into 6th I am basically aiming for a 4 or 5 oclock position and the shifter slides easily in to 6th.

Cheers, and happy driving!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts