Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Assuming you hear no clunk or whirring noise, it sounds like just a wire somewhere. I don't think these cars have the computer involved in between the start signal from the key to the solenoid.

Check the ground straps, there's three IIRC. Check the starter motor main power lead, if you can reach it. Make sure it has 12V. Starter is grounded by being bolted to the motor, so the motor needs it's ground straps to start.

If you can reach it, you can try to apply 12V to the solenoid start terminal (with key off). That should crank the engine over. Make sure it's in neutral, and parking brake on obviously!

If it cranks, the problem is signal to the starter solenoid from the car. Check wire harnesses, etc. You can also check for 12v on the solenoid lead while the key is turned to start, to see if the car is sending start signal to the solenoid.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What did you do to bypass the neutral start safety switch in the auto trans?
Duh. I bet that's it. Will need to jumper those pins on whatever harness connector would go to the auto trans (or shifter).

Also the manuals have a start interlock on the clutch pedal... the pedal must be pressed to allow starting. So you could hook up the neutral/park interlock wires to that if you wanted the functionality. Kind of nany-ish IMO, but I suspect that clutch pedal switch also prevents cruise control from over-revving the engine if you press the clutch with cruise control on. Not sure about that though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts