Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you have ever gotten a tranny swap done by a trusted shop. I would never be able to do this on my own so if y’all know of any shops in Cali that can get this job done lemme know, and around how much it was and how it went. I want to do this maybe some time in the future. I know some people are gonna say I’m better off buying a new tsx but I don’t wanna get rid of my baby ya know.

·
-
1,646 Posts
Nothing to it...

Except for... oh wait... siiigh...

·
-
1,646 Posts
You’d be 2-3 TSX’s deep but it’s been done.

Do you have any links or evidence to any 1st gen TSX auto trans to manual trans swaps?

I recall 1 thread where it was completed on this forum.
He was skilled but it took a ton of dough, mods and time.

There was another swap but the rich guy just left his credit card at the shop. He had zero technical details and skills about the swap.

I recall a couple of guys who gathered up all the parts but gave up.
1 guy wasn't going to be able to modify the firewall and had no wiring skills.
The other guy was already into the swap for more money than his TSX was worth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing to it...

Except for... oh wait... siiigh...

RIP. I just went through and read a lot of that discussion and it seems way way way more complicated than I thought it was lol. Well nvm thanks for the help thoe

·
-
1,646 Posts
RIP. I just went through and read a lot of that discussion and it seems way way way more complicated than I thought it was lol. Well nvm thanks for the help thoe

It's too bad it's such a huge job, a huge hassle and so expensive to do. Other modern cars are not nearly as difficult.
If a manual trans swap was easier for the 1st gen TSX, it would extend the life and enthusiasm for the platform.

The only way I can see a normal guy doing this swap is to purchase a used beater manual trans TSX.
Swap everything around, which would take forever, and then the sell the beater TSX after the swap.

Once you have swapped your auto trans TSX to a manual trans, you can start working on the same swap for the 2020+ mid-engine Corvette. :)

·
Registered
Stupid auto..
101 Posts
If the manual swap was easy I would have done it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know you have a lot of hope, but youd be better off transferring all your mods to a new 6spd tsx. I ended up crashing my auto while planning a manual swap and eating the loss of time memory and money. I just got a manual this time..... not worth all that work just to get a factory spec 6spd, i would only wanna do that much modification if my tsx was turning into a track car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious if any of you have ever gotten a tranny swap done by a trusted shop. I would never be able to do this on my own so if y’all know of any shops in Cali that can get this job done lemme know, and around how much it was and how it went. I want to do this maybe some time in the future. I know some people are gonna say I’m better off buying a new tsx but I don’t wanna get rid of my baby ya know.
I have a 2006 TSX with a 6 speed I bought for my son, are they that hard to find? I heard they are rare. It has 135K and as soon as I purchased it, I had the clutch replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts