Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im planning on doing a manual swap to an 04 tsx but im tempted to get the si because of the lsd. i know it doesn’t bolt on perfectly to the subframe but im not sure if there is already some mounts out there for this? also would it be fine if i do get the si trans but get acura oem manual parts for the swap?

· Registered
517 Posts
Have you done any research into this? Not cheap or easy - less to just sell and buy a manual TSX.

I believe the housings for the transmissions are different, meaning you'd have to dismantle the transmission and actually add the differential separately, because the Si transmission won't fit.

Any reason you're not simply buying an FA5 instead?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you done any research into this? Not cheap or easy - less to just sell and buy a manual TSX.

I believe the housings for the transmissions are different, meaning you'd have to dismantle the transmission and actually add the differential separately, because the Si transmission won't fit.

Any reason you're not simply buying an FA5 instead?
ive put in some decent work into the car already and painted it myself. and in my area its not cheaper to buy one manual probably double what i bought it for and i just like the body style for the tsx way more. not many around my area modified so id like for it to stand out a bit. also plan on turbo build and the autos tend to crap out around 300

· Registered
517 Posts
have you done it? im doing all the labor and i have parts discount on oem stuff the only thing id have trouble finding is a reasonably priced trans
No, but a comprehensive breakdown of the entire process without labor shows the total cost is in excess of 5 grand. These parts aren't as cheap as they once were, and Honda doesn't make a lot of the small things needed anymore. Honestly, the best way to do it is to find a totaled manual car, otherwise it's financially counterproductive.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maybe if everything is oem
No, but a comprehensive breakdown of the entire process without labor shows the total cost is in excess of 5 grand. These parts aren't as cheap as they once were, and Honda doesn't make a lot of the small things needed anymore. Honestly, the best way to do it is to find a totaled manual car, otherwise it's financially counterproductive.
maybe at full price from the dealer but ive already got a parts list with current prices and its not over 5 maybe around 4ish depending on what i can find for the trans

· Registered
517 Posts
maybe if everything is oem

maybe at full price from the dealer but ive already got a parts list with current prices and its not over 5 maybe around 4ish depending on what i can find for the trans
I'm fairly certain a lot of the required parts are discontinued. It was documented on a fairly recent thread I saw somewhere. I'll link it when it resurfaces.

Either way, dumping 4+ grand into a ~5k car instead of just buying an 8-10k manual car? I'm all for doing different things but this just seems like you're a glutton for punishment.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey bro it’s not that bad. Getting all the parts is more of the issue. Doing the work is fairly easy. Hit me up if you need help. I did this to my 07 TSX
i found the parts list pinned and i work at honda as well so it’ll be a bit easier but yes i do need help just to clarify some stuff and some tips whenever you have the time

· Registered
6 Posts
As everybody on the internet already said, the best choice would be to sell your TSX and buy the manual one. It's better in both time and budget considerations. However, if you still want to pull this off, then of course no one can stop you and can only help with advice. If you need to purchase some parts for this, then first you need to find out all the details about your own car, in order to then pick up the right ones. Check your VIN code and you will find out the characteristics of your TSX. Here https://vinmentor.com/ you can decode the VIN code. And as for the work itself on swapping to the manual, I would leave this matter to the professionals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts