Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
source parts from k20a.org? if you have to go through a honda dealer, at least go with autofair.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback guys, I found a used trans for 700. I wanted to rebuild the whole trans. Due to grinding and having to force it into certain gears.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
replace with a type r gearset.

I think that is the Civic Si for Americans.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
oh

and lsd

and better final drive ratio

I think that's it

oh..

do lightened flywheel and upgrade clutch while you are at it.

that's all

Reactions: Dir7y

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sry to hijack your thread but i didnt want to make another thread to ask my question so here it is:

If i change my final drive to 4.7 from my original euro final drive ratio of 4.3 will my speedo/odometer be off?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes.
You can correct it with a Dakota Digital after.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Sry to hijack your thread but i didnt want to make another thread to ask my question so here it is:

If i change my final drive to 4.7 from my original euro final drive ratio of 4.3 will my speedo/odometer be off?
I have changed mine to 4.3 also but it seems fine. I havent tested it though but it matches the speed to my gps - if that is even a reliable gauge.
From what i gather, speed is read off third gear, so i was told it wouldnt matter. So far i have had it for 9 months and i have had no speeding tickets and i travel the same as other commuters at free flowing traffic going at legal speeds.

·
Registered
142 Posts
replace with a type r gearset.

I think that is the Civic Si for Americans.
Correct

oh

and lsd

and better final drive ratio

I think that's it

oh..

do lightened flywheel and upgrade clutch while you are at it.

that's all
This is the EXACT setup i'm currently running to make my type R tranny lol. +06 Si gears and LSD with carbon synchros with an CTR 5.06 final drive and exedy stage 1 clutch with ITR flywheel. Since you're building your tranny, you might as well go deep since this is hopefully your only time you'll take out and apart the transmission

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have changed mine to 4.3 also but it seems fine. I havent tested it though but it matches the speed to my gps - if that is even a reliable gauge.
From what i gather, speed is read off third gear, so i was told it wouldnt matter. So far i have had it for 9 months and i have had no speeding tickets and i travel the same as other commuters at free flowing traffic going at legal speeds.
Just wondering why you went with a 4.3 final drive?..

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts