Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post here to see if anyone else is having the same issues as me. I purchased my 2010 TSX new in 2011. I’ve been happy with its mechanical reliability, but have had frequent issues with the interior fabrics.

I first noticed that the leather on the driver’s door was pulling away from the door panel about 4 years after purchase. Unfortunately, it was just outside of the warranty (of course). I put up with it for a while because I noticed that if I pushed on it, it would stay in place for a few days before separating from the panel again. It was a few months later that I noticed the leather on the rear door of the passenger’s side was also now pulling apart. I contacted my Acura dealer and they put in a request for repair with Acura/Honda. I was given a discount, but ended up paying a substantial amount for the repair. That was February of 2016.

Only a few months later, I noticed that my headliner was now falling down in the corners. Disappointed with the fact that my newer car was continuing to fall apart, I ended up putting fabric pins in it to buy some time. Just about a year after the first replacement of my two door panels, I noticed that my driver’s door panel was pulling apart again! This was extremely disappointing to me because I had already paid to replace the door panel just over a year ago. When I looked at my other door panels I noticed that the rear door on the driver’s side was also separating.

This would appear to be a clear quality control/manufacturing defect to me because I’ve had 4 door panels fail and the headliner. It appears that the adhesive isn’t lasting as it should. I owned an Accord for 13 years and my wife had her Accord for 17 years and neither of us had any door panels or headliners fail. Even my in-laws have a 2001 TL and their interior looks new with no fabric failures.

I’ve submitted a claim on the driver’s door failing a second time in less than a 1 ½ years as well as the passenger’s door and headliner. I’m waiting to hear back from Acura to see if they will take care of the repair, especially the driver’s door panel since I’ve already paid recently to replace it.

Has anyone else had issues with their door panels or headliners pulling apart? I can’t imagine that I’ve had 5 such failures and others haven’t had any.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow!!!

I have the exact same issue with my 2011 TSX. We even have the same color interior!!My question for you is how much did the Dealership charge you the first time for the repairs. I was quoted $125.00 PER DOOR to fix it. The issue on all door but the rear left passenger door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid $130 for the front driver's door panel and $121 for the rear door panel, so $125 sounds about right. If you decide to replace it, I hope you have better luck than me. I'm now being told that it's over $700 for them to replace the interior parts that are separating.

It's very disappointing that Acura will not stand behind an issue that is clearly a manufacturing defect. I've decided to not pay for any more replacement panels since Acura will not warranty the replacement panels beyond 12 months even though I've had multiple failures. I was told by one of the Acura Reps that other luxury cars have been known to have quality control issues as well, and that I shouldn't be surprised. It wasn't the response that I expected. I think it's unfortunate that the consumer is told to expect that quality will be compromised while prices continue to rise. I know it's happening with many products, I'm just disappointed that Honda/Acura have followed suit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 has the same problem on all of the doors. This began about six months after the warranty expired and the dealer said it occurs because of humidity. The adhesive is extremely susceptible to any humidity according to the dealer. They suggested I install an HVAC system into my garage to prevent further damage. My car is garaged both at home and at work so it is very rarely sitting in the sun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2012 with the same issue.
It has the black interior with the problem on all the doors except the driver door.
I have not been to the dealer, but from what I'm reading, it looks like they will not help.
If anyone has a fix for the issue, please post.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem as described. Just happened to notice both front panels last month and now both back. 2010 TSX . Now all four loose. Has anyone performed fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
OMG I just posted about this in another thread after logging in for the first time in a year! I thought this would be just me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts