Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing related to the TSX, however I would appreciate input on some promotional ads I've developed using Photoshop and Power Point.

Appreciate any input or constructive criticism.

I started with the first ad (pic3) using only PowerPoint, for the next ad (pic2)I removed the background and lastly (pic1) I added a shadow.

BTW, don't know why the resolution is faded on these, the originals look much cleaner?

Let me know what you think or how I might improve?
Thanks

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Interesting little exercise.

With the caveat that in general I might be a contrary indicator :D (i.e. what you should usually do is take my picks, and go the other way), I would rank them in exactly the order that you have them. The first one is the best, the second is next best, and the third is least good. I think the red background gives it a more finished, professional look; by comparison, the white background looks like anyone could have thrown it together (which of course I know isn't true). BTW I don't think I would have had this impression if the second one was the only one I saw; it's only when it stands alongside the first one.

And I think the shadow is just distracting. But remember, I'm usually just a contrary indicator. :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, ironic as the one with the shadow took the longest to create while the red background was bsaically a stock photo. Go figure?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I agree with Larch there...the one with the shadow kinda gets in the way of the product...plus it's more of a distraction than anything...

The one in the white background doesn't look bad...It shows the arrows all the way to their repsective text boxes... But it does blend away certain parts of the product..

The one with the red background is the best I think.. I think it helps bring attention to the product with a colored background. Plus you can see the entire outline of the product and not have the white parts blended in with the background.

Looking pretty good to me :nod: :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts