Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2010 and has 104,000 k. Wondering how many kilometres or miles these cars can go if routine maintenance is done. Anyone can share your mileage? Are these reliable cars and inexpensive to service?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Around here somewhere, and on YouTube, is a person who has logged well over 500k miles on a 1G TSX. He lists all services done as well, pretty interesting to see. I'm pretty sure it's a long distance DD thou.
It all depends on how you drive it. My old engine got decommissioned due to burning oil and a stretched timing chain. It was cheaper and faster just to drop a JDM longblock in than fix everything. Later I disassembled the old engine (231k miles) and found everything well within spec, with the exception of stuck oil rings on the pistons, and the stretched timing chain. For reference, I drive hard, I bought the car at 142k, and the oil ring problem was already present then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will turn over 100k some time next week on my 2011. Nothing done but oil changes and new tires. Planning on some brake work soon but nothing yet. Had the seat heater replaced twice under warranty and a small rip in the leather on the right side of the drivers seat. Absolutely nothing else and yeah, I drive it fairly hard. Love the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Skade
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing