Acura TSX Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1481 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Besides a switch, there's a controller you need for these mirrors. I saw one used somewhere online few weeks ago for about $20 or so. Otherwise you'd have to set up some relayed circuit, depending how you want to operate them.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
Besides a switch, there's a controller you need for these mirrors. I saw one used somewhere online few weeks ago for about $20 or so. Otherwise you'd have to set up some relayed circuit, depending how you want to operate them.
Really? I wired mine up without needing a controller. I just used the EDM version of the switch. It actually can use the same wiring for the heated mirrors. You just need to repin one of the wires and then cut one existing wire and wire it the the passenger side from the drivers side.

I have all the pics from when I did mine but never got around to creating the DIY from them.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
Never had any of those components in my hands, but there's definitely a controller fot the mirrors. Not sure what it does other than being a relay. Depends on the rest of the components. For instance, if it's a push button switch that stays latched, and mirror servos themselves don't cut the power draw when finished moving, then the controller would be responsible for cutting the power when mirrors finish moving. Again, I can only speculate, never had those parts in my hands to test.
I have the heated mirrors switch in that place (like all 05-08, though mine is 04) and it provides power only for few minutes then shots off, like the rear defogger. Mirrors input should be cut off in few seconds when they finish moving. Maybe that's what this controller does.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
5,994 Posts
you know what, I take it back, maybe TSX doesn't need the controller. I just spent over an hour specifically looking for it. I know few weeks ago I came across it in few places which made me wonder, but I never really paid much attention to it since I wasn't really looking for that but other TSX parts. Now I just found one of the few places I came across before:
Used JDM Honda Power Folding Mirrors Relay - RARE
It's linked from their CL7/TSX section, but if you read the description (which I didn't before) it says it's for DC2/EG6/EK9. So entirely different cars.
So it's possible I came across some sites that had mixed merchandise on them, like this one.
Sorry for the confusion.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
The power folder mirror circuit is actually a ground based circuit. There is always power going to it and the button then completes the circuit. I believe the relay for this is built into the switch itself.

I was definitely confused at first as well. I actually bought a JDM Service manual before doing my swap just so I could look at the wiring diagrams for the circuit.

I will try and track everything down at some point this weekend. The manual unfortunately is at home but I think I have pictures of the important pages.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
no controller is needed. the relay is inside the switch. I installed these on my car two years ago - you just need to run an extra wire from the switch to the passenger side and rearrange the pins of the heated switch wiring harness to work with the folding mirror switch.

Other than a LHD mirror switch and some wire- you won't need anything else :)

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,413 (Edited)
How hard are those going to be to wire up. Do you have a switch as well?
Ordered

I want power folding mirrors :p
Do it!

Nice would be nice if you can do a DIY on this when done. to see if I can do it myself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll see what I can do

I always see ABP sets on Ebay...so tempting. Def a nice mod :tu:
Do it!

The power folder mirror circuit is actually a ground based circuit. There is always power going to it and the button then completes the circuit. I believe the relay for this is built into the switch itself.

I was definitely confused at first as well. I actually bought a JDM Service manual before doing my swap just so I could look at the wiring diagrams for the circuit.

I will try and track everything down at some point this weekend. The manual unfortunately is at home but I think I have pictures of the important pages.
Thanks Jason

no controller is needed. the relay is inside the switch. I installed these on my car two years ago - you just need to run an extra wire from the switch to the passenger side and rearrange the pins of the heated switch wiring harness to work with the folding mirror switch.

Other than a LHD mirror switch and some wire- you won't need anything else :)
Ordered LHD Mirror Switch :tu2:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
The local shop ran out of Hamp Oil Filters, good thing for ICB! I got the same deal from [email protected] on those Hamp Oil filters :thumbsup:

1401 - 1420 of 1481 Posts