Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the NBP so of course after 6 months of use I'm starting to get a few hairline scratches in the paint. I found this stuff at the store. I know McGuires is a good brand but has anybody used this, specifically on a black car? Does it take them out at least so they aren't as noticeable? Also, should I wax the car right after using it?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
me too, i also tried the 3m swirl remover, that kinda worked, but only for the light light scratches. just wax the car a lot and use booster wax after waxing, i noticed that the wax i use, maguiers NXT wax, kinda hides the scratches better than other waxes. hope that helps.

i feel your pain with the NBP tsx. you see everything.

do you have a lot of rock chips on your hood? i do, small tiny ones, but i see them, they went through the paint, i had to use my touch up paint on one that was really big.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not too many rock chips on the hood. My concern is about a couple scratches I have on the passenger doors. I don't know if it came from something on the road or from someone walking by it and hit it with a purse or something. But it's really annoying. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try buffing it out.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
lol another NHB TSX driver here, yeah the car gets alot of spots, I too have quite a few on the doors, Thanks for the Great paint!

well pretty much the only thing you can really fix w/ any kinda product besides Paint, is small surface scratches, and the best thing you can use is a Fine Hand Polish, but I wouldnt Recomend using that unless you know how, Mothers Has a decent Scratch remover, Havent Tried the McGuires, Zymrol is also pretty good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts