Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wassup guys looking for some opinions. i just got a 2012 tsx and i cant stand the stock look. i been debating to either go with megan racing coil overs or ksport. ive called ksport and was told that they are struts on hand, thats why i started looking for a second option which lead me to megan racing. i did some research and found a few reviews and mostly nothing but bad news about these sturts. tried to find reviews about them on here but couldnt find any. some input would be great. tsx is used only for daily right now but want to eventually put a super charger and occasionally take to the track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never got any response so based off the research I did, I went with the megan racing street series. I got these set for 900 flat to Hawaii. now im debating if I should go with a name brand camber kit or should I just go with an ebay no name kit. hopefully this time I could get some input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
There are plenty of coilovers that ride well and have a good reputation in your price range. Do you like the Megans?

I would not go with a cheap camber kit. Those control arms hold the rear suspension together. Buy a quality arm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
past experience with megan and ksport and D2's camber kits. They are all the same cheap brand, I used to roll with 7th gen Civic's and we all had problems with this brands, the ksport and megan snap and the megan would squeak a lot. Ingalls or eibach are the way to go, if you google image comparisons you will notice the big difference in quality and thickness.

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
Ingalls or eibach are the way to go, if you google image comparisons you will notice the big difference in quality and thickness.
Ingalls for sure, they make solid parts. I have a set I have yet to put on, just waiting until I have loot for good coilovers.

I also got China brand Front upper adjustable control arms. They look like the Spoon/Megan upper control arms. I doubt Spoon gets China to manufacture their stuff but the Megans look like Spoon replicas and I can afford Spoon but don't want to spend that much money on something I'll never see. Anywho I hope they work out and don't fail on me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you are set on getting an entry level coil over (Megan, D2, BC, etc), I would concentrate on finding the lowest rock bottom price and not worry about differences among brands (or their potential quality) as they all come from the same Chinese factory.

They will be fine for esthetic purposes, but I would not have higher expectation beyond that. I have taken apart a few "budget" coil overs apart and they are all exactly the same inside; same generic valving, same generic spring rates, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.