Acura TSX Forum banner

Megan Racing Springs VS. Tein S Tech??? + Brakes???

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  aznboi0204 
#1 ·
Hey, I am new to the forum (as an actual member, I have been lurking for a while). I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the Megan Racing springs for the tsx? They claim to have a 2" front and rear drop. The Tein S Tech springs say 1.7/1.3 Fr/R. Also, I noticed that the spring rate for the Megan's are more equally biased Front to Rear, where as the Tein's had a higher spring rate in the front and much less in the rear and was wondering what the reasoning is behind this. If anyone has had any luck or any issues with these springs PLEASE LET ME KNOW/HELP!!! Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how their TSX drove with Springs (These or Others) VS Coilovers if they have had both or either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also read that the progress rear sway bar (The 22mm) has helped out a lot with handling on our cars. Again, any help would be awesome!!!

Does anyone have any ideas for a good brake upgrade? I have read so may different things and would like to hear directly from some people with different setups; types of pads, rotors, calipers etc. etc.

PS - I live in Atlanta, so if anyone is out there in my area and has any parts or knowledge I am in the market for both. Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
idk about either of those springs but i had tanabe df210s and they were awesome w a nice low drop, i would also agree a RSB adds a nice feel to the car and is an awesome upgrade!

as for brakes i jst have r1 concepts slotted/drilled rotors and carbon ceramic pads from the parts house no special brand and they are loads better than factory warped rotors to me, i just want to go w stainless lines and some motul brake fluid eventually

#4 ·
Are you planning on running your new springs with stock shocks? I don't think it's worthwhile to do that. You're probably better off getting coilovers, as I went from Tein H.Techs on stock shocks and didn't find that it performed particularly well... So I bought the Tein SS coilovers, which I'm excited to install. Plus, if you end up blowing your shocks and have to buy new ones you might as well have bought a coilover system...

And I'm just going out on a limb here, but I think that the higher springrate in the front would be as a result of the extra weight of the engine? Anyone want to confirm or correct me? :)

#7 ·
Thanks for all the input! It sounds like I will just go with a simple coilover setup. I think I would be the most pleased with something like that since I am coming from a tuned Saab 9-2x with full adjustables and sway bars. As for the brakes, I purchased some stainless lines and new fluid, so I am going to give that a try. I want to see just how much stainless lines help out so I will use the base Acura pads and rotors with less than 5k miles on them. Again, thanks for the input!

#10 ·
i have teins but basics, there a good entry level coilover but im probably goin to switch out to the function forms that marcus at heeltoe is coming out with sense they are specifically made with good R&D for our cars so they should b awesome and the price is great on them per his quotes. i have the same brake pads as carbon with driled slotted rotors as i said and the braking is great to me a definite upgrade

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.