Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2011 Mercedes-Benz Concept A appears to be, quite literally, all show and no go. At its big debut at the Shanghai Motor Show, the car eschewed its 200-horsepower BlueEfficiency powerplant in favor of a 4-suitpower unit, courtesy of Mercedes brass. After a star-studded introduction, including a version of Janis Joplin's "Mercedes-Benz" by rapper David Banner and English pop singers Estelle and Daley, the car broke down before hitting the stage.

That made for a seriously awkward few seconds, as 4 Mercedes execs, dressed to the nines in designer suits, had to push the car onto the stage. That embarrassing spectacle put a bit of a damper on the hype surrounding the highly-anticipated premium compact.

The 2011 Concept A is likely to donate around 85% of its styling to the 2012 Mercedes-Benz A-Class, which is slated to debut next year. There's even talk of a 350-horsepower AMG version sometime thereafter. We have to admit we're excited to meet the all-new A-Class, but that's based on the assumption that it will move under its own power.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Styling looks great, but would never buy one from a reliability perspective.

Honda seriously needs to get back into the sport/racing aspect. Throw a K into the CR-Z or give us the S2K replacement (if there is one).

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
No irony here; this only reinforces Mercedes' reliability woes.

+1 to the comment about Honda needing to come back with some sporty cars - maybe the 2012 Si can start Honda in the right direction.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Honda is about to get back into the sporty segment. Don't worry about it so much, the guy that designed the NSX is the president. They have at least 2 machines in development now. It is going to be o.k.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I haven't heard anything to support that but I really hope you're right..the benz looks great but I'd never do anything but lease one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts