Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to bypass my factory amp and I keep reading about this "Mercman Harness". I can't find where to buy it and is worth it? I will take other suggestions too......

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mercman doesn't make it anymore. Your best bet is to patiently wait. Occasionally there is someone who lets theirs go on the classifieds. After purchasing one and taking a look at it, the harness is actually really easy to make. You just need to make a "T" harness and extend the wires that would normally be sent to the factory amplifier.

Try searching on AZine, I found my Mercman harness on there and there was one for sale not too long ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I made mine using an aftermarket "reverse harness" a typical aftermarket harness, and items needed to DIY a set of RCA's: Making RCA Cables - DIYMA.com

In my install I'll be using the factory wiring for the tweeters and rear doors, for that I picked up a "bypass harness" made for an 06 Civic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You guys are lucky. When I did my system I didn't have the luxury of a pnp harness. I spent about half a day just doing the wiring and another day to fix all the noise.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I made mine using an aftermarket "reverse harness" a typical aftermarket harness, and items needed to DIY a set of RCA's: Making RCA Cables - DIYMA.com

In my install I'll be using the factory wiring for the tweeters and rear doors, for that I picked up a "bypass harness" made for an 06 Civic.
i did something similar to this, i ran a 4 channel line output converter with a honda radio harness, unplugged the harness on the amp connected the aftermarket radio harness and tied in the leads to the 4 channel line output converter and bam theres my rca's!

for my speaker leads (4channel amp) i just tapped into them from behind the radio and then sent all the lines in a multi conductor wire.

if you need help and you live in nj i dont mind giving you a hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts